Write Image to the microSD Card

Hello, I just purchased the Jetson Xaiver NX development kit I am trying to flash the micro SD card I download the file [Jetson Xavier NX Developer Kit SD Card Image] from Nvidia website then use Etcher to transfer the file for the flash and Etcher said no image on the file I have tried for two days now this is very frustrating please help. I am using macOS Catalina book pro the error message says disk image couldn’t be open the reason: no mountable file systems

I use Windows to burn my SD card and the directions are different there, but I was able to get it to work without problems. The instructions for the Mac say not to insert the SD card until step 4 of the procedure, and ignore any messages about the disk not being readable. Did you do it that way?

Maybe try a different SD card in case the one you have is bad?

Good luck,
-Joe

Hello Joe,
Thank you for your reply, sorry for the late response I will try those steps.

Thank you
Gregory Campbell
Air Raptor Security Systems

Hello Julowetz,
I am still having problems loading the SD card I have tried the Mac procedure and I followed the steps to no avail I have tried to load the SD card on windows also still no luck is there anyway you could send a pre-loaded SD card?
Thank you
Gregory Campbell

I’m really surprised that there aren’t NVidia staff replying here. I see them reply to some messages, but others are ignored.

Before we try your suggestion, there are a couple of other ideas to try. Your local library should have a Windows PC available for patrons; try to create your SD card there. Another thing to try is blowing compressed air into the empty SD card slot on the Xavier in case something is blocking the contacts. I was unable to get a camera connected to my Xavier until I did that with the CSI connectors and I still can only connect to one type of camera but not others. I’m wondering if NVidia has quality control issues with the Xavier board. I’m getting very close to giving up on mine.

Good luck,
-Joe

Joe:

Thank you Joe for your reply and yeah I am surprised and disappointed the

Nvidia staff has not answered. I have a windows desktop computer in my home
I will do my best to transfer the information using the desktop and I will try your suggestion
to blow into the Xavier NX developer kit I just return the SD card and purchase a new one
San Disk ULTRA PLUS 64GB speed up to 130 MB/s* I hope I can move forward now many
thanks for all your help.
Gregory Campbell
Air Raptor Security Systems

Don’t know if this matters, but I’ve been using Samsung EVO for my SD cards, 32 GB

Also, I think I read somewhere that larger SD cards need a different way of addressing the larger storage (something about FAT32 vs exFAT), so you might try a 32 GB card instead of 64GB.

-Joe

Hi Joe,
I’m Going back to the store now to return the SD card and pick up the Samsung SD card thanks for the tip.
Gregory