Xavier A is not accessible

Hi everyone.

As the title, I can not access Xavier A.

The points I have already checked are listed below.
(1)Harness is connected correctly.
(2)Xavier B starts up as normal.
(3)The ping command to Xavier A does work, but ssh doesn’t work.
(4)No HDMI output from Xavier A.
(5)DS5, DS2 and DS15 LEDs are not lit.

Xavier A, which was running until yesterday, is no longer running. I haven’t done any flash or other operations.
It seems Xavier A never starts up…
How can I fix it?

Thank you for your help and best regards,

Aoki

Information of my device:
Hardware Platform: [DRIVE AGX Xavier™ Developer Kit]
Software Version: [DRIVE Software 9]
Host Machine Version: [native Ubuntu 16.04]
SDK Manager Version: [0.9.14.4961]

Hi @S.Aoki,

Has the system ever been in a car? Are you able to access Xavier A or Aurix from UART console?

1 Like

Hi @VickNV

Thank you for your comment!

(1)The system was in a car and was powered by about 14V.
And now I have taken the system off from the car and started it up with the Power Adapter, but it does not improve.

(2)I attempted to access Xavier A/B and Aurix by following the steps in the following documents
https://docs.nvidia.com/drive/drive_os_5.1.6.1L/nvvib_docs/index.html#page/DRIVE_OS_Linux_SDK_Development_Guide/MCU%20Setup%20and%20Configuration/mcu_uart.html#
I could not access any of them from USB2 XA port.
But I could access all of them from USB Debug port. In case, “lsusb” command returned following.

$ lsusb -d 0x0403:
Bus 001 Device 009: ID 0403:6011 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT4232H Quad HS USB-UART/FIFO IC
Bus 001 Device 008: ID 0403:6011 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT4232H Quad HS USB-UART/FIFO IC
Bus 001 Device 006: ID 0403:6011 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT4232H Quad HS USB-UART/FIFO IC
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0403:6011 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT4232H Quad HS USB-UART/FIFO IC

And “minicom” command returned following.

$ sudo minicom -D /dev/ttyUSB2
Welcome to minicom 2.7 …
hoge hoge
CTRL - A Z for help | 115200 8N1 | NOR | Minicom 2.7 | VY102 | Offline | ttyUSB2

At least I want to get the data out of this device, even if I can’t fix it. I appreciate your advice so much.

Aoki

Does accessing Aurix or Xavier via /dev/ttyUSB3 or /dev/ttyUSB6 respectively work?
Does re-flashing Aurix FW via UART (as below topic) help?

Hi @VickNV

Thank you for your comment!

Accessing Aurix or Xavier via /dev/ttyUSB3 or /dev/ttyUSB6 respectively worked from USB Debug port.

I’m trying to re-flash Aurix FW via UART by following the doc.
https://docs.nvidia.com/drive/active/5.1.0.2L/nvvib_docs/index.html#page/DRIVE_OS_Linux_SDK_Development_Guide%2FFlashing%2520Basics%2Fflashing_aurix.html%23

The re-flashing Aurix needs windows host and memtool, right?

Aoki

Yes, please make sure don’t erase UCB section of the Aurix MCU accidentally.

Beofer re-flashing, please check if below erratum (in https://developer.nvidia.com/DRIVE/secure/docs/DE-08933-001_v08.pdf) is related to your issue.

1 Like