Xavier add FDT unable to start the system

You mean the nvidai-l4t-kernel… .deb installation package?
I use nvidia-l4t-kernel…deb package provided by nvidia

Let me share the conclusion I gathered so far and please confirm it.

1. The customized dtb, which is based on rel-32.5, can work fine if you directly flash it to r32.5.1 BSP on your custom board.

2. The customized dtb can work fine if you directly using “FDT” in extlinux.conf on pure r32.5.1 BSP.

3. The customized dtb can work fine if you directly using “FDT” in extlinux.conf on pure r32.4.3 BSP.

4. The Ridgerun page does not provide any help because you didn’t follow anything on it. (sorry in advance, but I really don’t know what is the purpose of providing this page here)

5. The issue would only happen if you use the custom dtb in FDT after you OTA upgrade from rel-32.4.3 to rel-32.5.1.

6. However, our offiical dtb can still work in the scenario from (5).

Hi
Thank you very much for your support.
I’ll test your first point again
(1.The customized dtb, which is based on rel-32.5, can work fine if you directly flash it to r32.5.1 BSP on your custom board.)
Do I update the Image with the command flash.sh -k kernel board mmcblk0p1 or wait for the system to replace the/boot /Image?
Since our custom board flash the official system,USB do not support , we cannot configure the startup Settings and enter the system.

Please wait a second. If you didn’t test point 1, then what was below comment doing?

19 hour ago.

Our custom board BSP r32.4.3 and r32.5.0 has been tested and it works normally.

Because the Xavier R32.5.0 and R32.5.1 systems are not very different, this difference is not taken into account.I have also tested TX2, R32.5.0 and R32.5.1 before. DTB files are universal

Ok, so that line means you are doing flash.sh -r -k kerne-dtb on rel-32.5, right? I just want to confirm this.

I flash.sh -r -k kerne-dtb on rel-32.5.1.
our customized dtb, which is based on rel-32.5. I am going to test if the custom board r32.5.0 dtb file can be used in the Developer kit system r32.5.1 on our custom board.So I flash the development kit R32.5.1 system on our board and then replaced it with customized dtb and Image of R32.5.0

Ok, except the version from rel-32.5.1 to rel-32.5, are point (1) ~(6) correct?

I test point (1) ~(6) ,
That’s exactly what you said the issue would only happen when use the custom dtb in FDT after you OTA upgrade from rel-32.4.3 to rel-32.5.1.

Could you try to modify the dtb for each function one by one? If you said only custom dtb will hit problem after OTA, while offiicial dtb cannot, I would suggest you can compare your dtb with official dtb and modify each component one by one and see which one will cause the problem.

Ok,Thank you very much.

A quick way is you can check the error log first and see if it gets crashed in the same place every time. For example, from the error log, I see there is

[ 2.636849] tegra-pcie-dw 14100000.pcie: pex_wake already in use

And then system crash. Thus, please let the change for pcie be the last part to add and see if it is the cause.

Ok,I see, thanks for your reply.