Xavier AGX boot failure: ASSERT

Hello,

I have been able to narrow down this issue, at least on one AGC module, to the serial devices connected to THS0 and THS1. The system boots OK if I remove the devices; however, I have been able to observe that the boot loader is detecting characters and thus disrupting the boot process. I can observe the AGX interacting with the characters from the serial devices. For example

This is the option     
one adjusts to change  
the language for the   
current system         
/----------------------\||||||||Standard EnglishStandard Fran?aisEnglishFran?ais
\----------------------/
/----------------------\||||||||Standard EnglishStandard Fran?aisEnglishFran?ais\----------------------/                                                                                                                                     
/----------------------\||||||||Standard EnglishStandard Fran?aisEnglishFran?ais\----------------------/                                                                                                                                         
/----------------------\||||||||Standard EnglishStandard Fran?aisEnglishFran?ais
\----------------------/ 
\----------------------/          
\----------------------/

Complete Entry    ^v=Move Highlight
 Esc=Exit Entry                                                                                                                            
^v=Move Highlight 
 <Enter>=Select Entry   

<Standard English>            Select Language                                                                        
>Device Manager                                          
 >Boot Manager                                             
>Boot Maintenance Manager                                                                                         
 Continue                                                
 Reset  

If I understand correctly the first and second stage boot loaders MB1/MB2 do not look at the standard serial ports, that they only interact with the shared micro USB serial port. The only thing connected to this port is a workstation with minicom so I can observe the boot process. This issue exists even without minicom connected.
I thought the only requirement was to disable the getty on the operating system, which I have done. I have had this same configuration for a long time with the only difference being I upgraded to the Jetpack 5.0.2 Ubuntu 20.04 based. Is it possible that in this Jetpack release the boot loader stages need to have a console disabled? I’m read through the documentation and look at the configuration files and thus far only see mention on the shared micro USB uart.

Any input will be appreciated