Xavier boots into black screen

A few days agoI shut down my PC normally, using the shutdown option in the far right corner. Now when I try to start the computer, the screen is completely black. When I move the display port cable to the back of the PC, i can access it using the terminal. It says “net eth0: failed to reset MAC” and then I’m prompted with a login. It then says " This system has been minimized by removing packages and content that are not required on a system that users do not log into . To restore this content, you can run the ‘unminimize’ command." Running the “unminimize” command and rebooting does not solve my error. I want to access the PC using the regular OS through the display port on the front.

Update: Immediately after booting, the following lines are shown in the terminal:
[7.299693] tegra-xudc-new 3550000.xudc: extcon_get_extcon_dev_by_cable failed -19
cp: no writing through dangling symlink ‘etc/resolv.conf’
[10.592307] cgroup: cgroup2: unknown option “nsdelegate”
[11.861979] random: crng init done
[11.862131] random: 7 urandom warning(s) missed due to ratelimiting
[12.400928] mttcan c310000.mttcan can0: bitrate error 0.2%
[12.415224] mttcan c320000.mttcan can1: bitrate error 0.2%

FYI, unminimize is unrelated to any boot issues. Normally installation does not install documentation from man pages (or some docs in “/usr/shared/docs”). What that command does is install some documentation (which I’m guessing consumes anywhere from a few hundred MB to a GB of documents). At best this will do nothing, and at worst, it will fill up the filesystem if it is near full.

I don’ t know about the eth0 MAC message, this might be related. You might mention if this is a dev kit, or if it uses a third party carrier board. If it is a dev kit, and if it runs on the SD card, then you can boot with the video cable connected, shut it down normally using serial console, and then mount the SD card on a Linux PC host. What that will do is give you access to logs. You’d want to start by posting this log:
/var/log/Xorg.0.log

It might or might not matter, but you could also attach these logs to the forum if they exist:
/var/log/kern.log
/var/log/boot.log
/var/log/syslog

A full serial console boot log would be very helpful.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.