Xavier endpoint mode is lost after ubuntu update

Hello,
i just flashed an xavier dev kit as endpoint by changing odmdata.
It works and the pice controller 141a0000.pcie_ep is visible in /sys/kernel/config/pci_ep/controllers/.

So far so good. Now when I do an apt upgrade and the new Ubuntu updates are installed, this is no longer the case.
I don’t know if this is a kernel problem or if the configuration is overwritten by odmdata.
Any suggestions? Or is it possible to flash only the odmdata part?

Kind regards,
Nils

The kernel seems to be unchanged, but initrd.img is changed.
I saved the version from before the update and moved it back in place after,
but the endpoint configuration is still lost.

edit: i reflashed and updated everything except NVIDIA Bootloader Package, NVIDIA GST App files and NVIDIA Test tool package… I would speculate that your latest NVIDIA Bootloader Package update is the responsible one ;-)
Can you fix that please!

When you say it doesn’t work anymore, what is it that not working? Are you saying that the EP device doesn’t get enumerated any more on the RP system?

The endpoint is booting as root after the update.
In the syslog the pcie controller gets enumerated and work as it is a root port.
Therefore, the controller 141a0000.pcie_ep is not present in /sys/kernel/config/pci_ep/controllers/ anymore.

Seems that it gets reset to default by the update.

Hi SooMSooM,

Actually the OTA update does not store the user’s own ODMDATA setting. Thus, when you try OTA upgrade, it will be back to original jetpack setting.

You can backup a BUP which contains the old ODMDATA setting and run the updater again after the OTA.

Below is the document for you to refer to.

https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/l4t/index.html#page/Tegra%20Linux%20Driver%20Package%20Development%20Guide%2Fbootloader_update_agx_tx2.html%23wwpID0E0IB0HA

However, this has nothing to do with PCIe, if you don’t want to configure this, then just reflash your board again with correct ODMDATA.