Xavier not booting anymore

Hi, I’m posting here cause I have some serious problems with my Jetson Xavier. I was working on it like everyday and after lunch, i’ve came back to my office and seen this : VID-20200414-WA0004.mp4? (video of it), and rebooting is doing nothing. This is blinking indefinitely and I don’t know what to do… Can someone help please?

Thanks a lot

Hi @marconi.k,

It is odd that this just suddenly appeared if it was working well before. However I’ve seen this behavior before and it is usually related with a linux modules problem. For example, most of the time I work with multiple versions of Jetpack and I flashed the filesystem and device tree from Jetpack 4.3 but by mistake the modules from Jetpack 4.2.

A simple test would be to reflash the board and verify if it boots.

1 Like

I’m guessing that the video driver somehow ended up with the Nouveau version. What you are seeing is not rebooting, but instead is the GUI trying to start, crashing, and then trying to start again. Can you try access via serial console or ssh? If so, which release are you using (see “head -n 1 /etc/nv_tegra_release”)? What is the output of “uname -r”?

Hi,

I was working with an SSD added to the Xavier so I didn’t lost any data with the flash.

Flashing was the solution, hope this problem will no longer repeat on my Xavier

Thanks for your replies guys, have a good day

1 Like