Xavier NX Development Kit with M.2 Key A+E to half mini PCIe Adapter not working

Hi,
i am currently trying to evaluate a mini PCIe Wifi Module (Silex SX-PCEAC2) for use with a Xavier NX. To do that I am using a Xavier NX Developer Kit with a DeLock 62848 M.2 Key A+E male > 1 x Mini PCIe Slot half size adapter.

When I tried that on regular x86 PCs the module always worked.

lspci
02:00.0 Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros QCA6174 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter (rev 32)

But when I try this with the Xavier NX the module does not even show up in lspci. When using lsusb I can see the Bluetooth Interface that is also on that module.

Is there anything special about the M.2 Key A + E interface on the Xavier NX ( or the Dev Board ) that could cause that?

Thanks

Same problem when using the Xavier NX with the Jetson Nano Dev Kit carrier board.

de08ced.diff.zip (1.3 KB)

Can you try attached patch.

Thanks,
this patch did not seem to make any difference though.

user@localhost:~$ lspci
user@localhost:~$

user@localhost:~$ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0cf3:e300 Atheros Communications, Inc. 

dmesg output (59.8 KB)

dts File (261.9 KB)

It works on a jetson nano though.

user@ubuntu:~$ lspci
00:01.0 PCI bridge: NVIDIA Corporation Device 0fae (rev a1)
00:02.0 PCI bridge: NVIDIA Corporation Device 0faf (rev a1)
01:00.0 Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros QCA6174 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter (rev 32)
02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 15)

This problem seems similar to Failed to use Wifi module on NX but with the difference that I dont see the module with lspci and that wlan enable pin patch seems not to work.

Nevermind. It seems to work now. Will post details shortly.

user@localhost:~$ lspci
0004:00:00.0 PCI bridge: NVIDIA Corporation Device 1ad1 (rev a1)
0004:01:00.0 Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros QCA6174 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter (rev 32)

Hi @jwoeber,
Thanks for confirming it is working for you now. share what was missing.

Thanks,
Om

It was the patch you sent me that solved that problem. Thanks. No idea why it did not work at first. May have been an electrical issue. The adapter is quite fragile.