Xavier NX Device is not booting

Hi I had the same problem which was mentioned here: Multiple jetson nx (core boards on the development kit) cannot be started
I tried with SDK MANAGER and still got failed. See below for the error message.

08:08:59 INFO: VPI on Host - host: Reading package lists…
08:09:04 ERROR: VPI on Host - host: E: The repository ‘cdrom://Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS Bionic Beaver - Release amd64 (20210915) bionic Release’ does not have a Release file.
08:09:04 ERROR: VPI on Host - host: Unhandled error when running sudo apt-get update
08:09:04 INFO: VPI on Host - host: [ Package Install Finished with Error ]
08:09:04 INFO: VPI on Host - host: [host] [ 36.00 KB used. Disk Avail: 3.72 GB ]
08:09:04 INFO: VPI on Host - host: [ NV_VPI_HOST_COMP Install took 34s ]
08:09:04 ERROR: VPI on Host - host: [error]: : [exec_command]: /bin/bash -c /tmp/tmp_NV_VPI_HOST_COMP.sh; [error]: Unhandled error when running sudo apt-get update
08:09:04 ERROR: VPI on Host - host: command terminated with error
08:09:04 SUMMARY: VPI on Host - host: First Error: Installation failed.
08:09:04 SUMMARY: VPI Cross Compile Package on Host - host: Depends on failed component

So may I know the way to reslove this issue?

hello mayuran.sivanesan,

could you please export the logs and attach them here for reference,
BTW, you may also have a try flashing the target without installing SDK components, thanks

SDKM_logs_JetPack_4.5.1_(rev.1)Linux_for_Jetson_Xavier_NX[developer_kit_version]_2022-02-08_08-06-46.txt.zip|attachment (120.6 KB)
Hi Jerry I have attached the logs for your reference.
Can you please share the way to flash the target without SDK? Any links available to refer?
I think this is a common issue and I would like to know the reason behind this? So that I can prevent this happening in the future.
Your prompt reply is much appricated. Thank you in advance.

hello mayuran.sivanesan,

it looks the flash process did not init.
please confirm the device has detected, you should run $ lsusb to check the information.
after that, please enter the JetPack installation path, it’s looking like this, ~/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_<version>_Linux_<platforms>/Linux_for_Tegra/.
you should execute the script, flash.sh to flash the target manually,
here’s see-also, Basic Flash Script Usage, thanks

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.