Xavier nx device tree

Hello, i’m using xavier-nx, there are a few folders don’t know what’s the difference, need your help,thank you!!

There is another question, which one is used for the device tree of xavier nx, like “tegra186-quill-p3310-1000-c03-00-base.dtb” used in TX2, all my changes can be here in the device tree file.

The main reason is that it cannot be refreshed successfully now, so the device tree file used cannot be seen in the /boot folder of the development board.

My module part number is “Jetson Xavier NX P3668-0001”

Jakku is Xavier NX.
Galen is AGX
Galen industrial is AGXi.

Check your kernel log or flash log and you will find out which device tree is in use.
Also, cannot be reflashed have nothing to do with device tree.

Information you might find of use: There is also a device tree partition. When you flash, this is basically what gets updated. It is also possible that the device tree in “/boot” gets used, typically if there is an “FDT” entry in “/boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf”. Check and see if there is an FDT entry. If security fuses are burned, then the signed partition is used instead even if there is an FDT entry within extlinux.conf. Serial console boot logs are nice for so many things, including telling you which device tree was actually used.

Sometimes arguments passed to the flash software will alter the “Linux_for_Tegra/rootfs/boot/” content when generating a flash image from the host PC prior to generating that image. Flash itself only works on the partition, but will also contain that rootfs/boot/ content. If you flash on command line, then you can log this and tell which files are added or modified in “rootfs/boot/”. An example command line flash from the PC (assumes you have jetson-xavier-nx-devkit, but could be whatever your case is):
sudo ./flash.sh jetson-xavier-nx-devkit 2>&1 | log_flash.txt
(then you’ll have a permanent record of which files are added, where they are added, and which images become which partition via log_flash.txt)

1. Hello, I used the command “sudo ./flash.sh jetson-xavier-nx-devkit-emmc mmcblk0p1” to try to flash the two versions of R32.5.1 and R35.1. The device tree used in R32.5.1 is " tegra194-p3668-all-p3509-0000.dts", but the device tree used in R35.1 is “tegra194-p3668-0001-p3509-0000.dts”.

2. Is the AGX Xavier series stored in “mccoy” above?

Nope, just ignore mccoy. You won’t use the device tree in it.

What does that mean?

What do you want to ask here? I am not quite sure about what you want to ask.

Just as what I said, you can totally ignore “mccoy”. Even deleting it won’t affect your NX or AGX device tree.

Ok,I see. Still have a question
There is a common under the t19x directory, which stores the files shared by AGX Xavier series/Xavier nx series/AGX Orin, and there is another common under jakku/kernel-dts, which stores the files shared by the xavier-nx series?

Hi,

1. AGX Orin is not under t19x directory. Orin is t234 soc which is under t23x.

2. I don’t have the answer to your question because I don’t memorize the device tree. What you need to do is read the device tree source by yourself and see what files are included. This is source code and you should read and understand it. Not memorize every line of it.

Ok, thank you!!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.