Xavier NX is unable to connect to Waveshare IMX219 cameras

Hi,

I have several Jetson Nano and they can successfully recognize and take the video stream from Waveshare’s IMX219-77IR and IMX219-160IR cameras once I plug the camera into the CSI slot.

However, I have purchased a Xavier NX recently but the NX does not recognized any of the cameras (i.e. no entries in /dev/video*, gstreamer fails to retrieve stream). I have seen some other threads in this forum about image quality of NX + IMX219 so I assume other developers are taking the video stream from the cameras successfully.

I would like to ask if anyone is seeing issues with NX + IMX219.

My NX config:
Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS
Jetpack 4.4 (L4T 32.4.3)
Module: P3668
Board: P3509-000

Cheers,
Max

Current only support Raspberry Pi Camera Module V2 native, any others imx219 may need customize the device tree for it.

Hi Shane,

Thanks for the info. Could you point me to any instructions that I can follow to customize the device tree for the IMX219 cameras?

Need to consult with vendor to know the power/reset pin etc…, also you can check the programing guide for the customize kernel and dtb.

rbpcv2_imx219_a@10 {
			status = "disabled";
			reset-gpios = <&gpio CAM1_PWDN GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>;

https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/l4t/index.html#page/Tegra%2520Linux%2520Driver%2520Package%2520Development%2520Guide%2Fcamera_sensor_prog.html%23