Xavier NX showing wrong GPU

Hi all,
I recently bought a Jetson Xavier NX and in the ubuntu is of the jetson when I go to system settings and about, the menu is showing me a tegra gpu whereas it should be a volta gpu. Am i right ??

Please provide a response on the same as fast as possible

It is Volta, but it is not the PCIe version (not dGPU)…the GPU is directly integrated with the memory controller on embedded versions (an iGPU). If you were to compile CUDA software, then Xavier and Xavier NX would use:
-gencode arch=compute_72,code=sm_72
(which is Volta)

If you compile CUDA software with 72, and this complains, then it would be a problem to investigate.

NOTE: There are some GPU discovery applications, e.g., nvidia-smi, which rely on PCI. Those will be missing and fail to identify the GPU on any Jetson.

Hi @linuxdev Thanks a lot for the response. By the given statements I understand there is nothing to worry and all process are getting executed pretty well. Correct me if I am wrong.

Also I wanted to ask if $-gencode arch=compute_72,code=sm_72 is an executable line in the terminal of the Xavier NX.

Appreciate the response and and support.

Thanks,
Krishna

Not a command line, but an argument to the nvcc program which compiles CUDA capable programs. Any CUDA enabled program will need to be compiled for the correct GPU architecture, and it is possible to compile a single program against multiple GPU architectures (making for a larger program). If nvcc compiles a CUDA program with the above options, then it should be able to execute on the GPU of an NX.

If you happen to have a program which is attempting to find the correct GPU through PCI functions (the nvidia-smi program does this), then it will fail even if compiled for the correct GPU architecture. This is not usually a problem, but you have to know that software compiled for the Jetson will probably need to be “hard wired” to assume there is a GPU, and to not query PCI for the GPU.

hello krishnaramasimha12,

it’s Volta GPU, please access NX Module Data Sheet from download center for more details.
thanks