Xavier Reboot

Hi,

I designed a carrier board for the Xavier.
I have a problem on power-up and I see that the Xavier reboots itself every 5-6 seconds.
I can see the logo of NVIDIA on screen , but then it disappears,
You can see the attached file of the debug console.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you,

Efi

Reboot_1.txt (124.9 KB)

1 Like

Hi,

Yes, your board cannot boot the kernel and watchdog triggers the reboot.

Few thing from your log

1. I notice your board is not able to read module eeprom through i2c. This part should be necessary.

[0005.517] E> Error 892665857: Failed to get CVM EEPROM contents
[0005.523] E> Booting w/o MAC ddresses for WIFI, Bluetooth & Ethernet
[0005.529] E> Failed to get WIFI MAC address
[0005.533] E> Error 892665857: Failed to get CVM EEPROM contents
[0005.539] E> Booting w/o MAC ddresses for WIFI, Bluetooth & Ethernet
[0005.545] E> Failed to get Bluetooth MAC address
[0005.550] E> Error 892665857: Failed to get CVM EEPROM contents
[0005.555] E> Booting w/o MAC ddresses for WIFI, Bluetooth & Ethernet
[0005.562] E> Failed to get Ethernet MAC address

1. Is this board always reboot at the same timing? For example, it is rebooting after below error. Does it ever change?
    “[ 4.917557] ufs_tegra 2450000.ufshci: UFS card removed”

Hi Wayne,

Thank you for your response,

1. I saw the EEPROM error but I don’t think it causes the problem. I tried to use a configuration file (DTSI) which is different than mine - it doesn’t have HDMI but I saw that the Xavier was up eventually after plugging and removing the HDMI cable. Although HDMI is not configured in the file I could see the screen.
    My configuration file has a few differences than the new one I used and up until now I couldn’t figure out what causes these reboots .
    Is there a GPIO or other signal which is critical and can cause this?

2. Please see the attached file. I saw that sometimes it get stuck on the same line, but not always. in the attached file you can see multiple reboots.Reboot_3.txt (121.2 KB)

3. I’m attaching the DTSI files.DTSI_1.zip (5.1 KB)

Any new suggestions?

Thank you,

Efi

I saw the EEPROM error but I don’t think it causes the problem. I tried to use a configuration file (DTSI) which is different than mine - it doesn’t have HDMI but I saw that the Xavier was up eventually after plugging and removing the HDMI cable. Although HDMI is not configured in the file I could see the screen.
My configuration file has a few differences than the new one I used and up until now I couldn’t figure out what causes these reboots .
Is there a GPIO or other signal which is critical and can cause this?

I don’t know. Maybe you can share the boot up log based on this dtsil to us too. Also, share the diff file between your dtsi and this dtsi.