Xbox Kinect + cuda experimentation Experimenting with CUDA and Kinect

Hi all,

I have been experimenting with the new xbox Kinect camera and cuda via the libfreenect library. If you would like to experiment as well, I have added the appropriate CMake modules to libfreenect in my “cuda” branch of the source, together with a dummy “cuKinect” app which should link in the libfreenect and appropriate cuda libs. You can checkout the branch here:

Currently I am going over Joe Stam’s “Max. GPU Efficiency in Extreme Throughput Applications” talk/slides from last years GTC and trying the Async memcopy and kernel launch etc. Would love some input on how to do this for Kinect though…

Also, would be great to modify the fluidGL sample app to work with kinect :-)

best wishes
Kashif

Hi all,

I have been experimenting with the new xbox Kinect camera and cuda via the libfreenect library. If you would like to experiment as well, I have added the appropriate CMake modules to libfreenect in my “cuda” branch of the source, together with a dummy “cuKinect” app which should link in the libfreenect and appropriate cuda libs. You can checkout the branch here:

Currently I am going over Joe Stam’s “Max. GPU Efficiency in Extreme Throughput Applications” talk/slides from last years GTC and trying the Async memcopy and kernel launch etc. Would love some input on how to do this for Kinect though…

Also, would be great to modify the fluidGL sample app to work with kinect :-)

best wishes
Kashif