xorg.conf missing, attempting to run a headless system with dummy drivers

Hello,

I’m running an Nvidia TX2 and need the device to run headless. However, as I will be remoting onto the device I need to be able to adjust the resolution output so I have a usable screen. The output defaults to 600x480. I’ve managed to deal with this by using xrandr to adjust the resolution, but this is only a temporary fix. I need the system to default to a higher/usable resolution.

The most common solution I’ve found is modifying the xorg.conf file to trick the system that an hdmi is connected. The issue that I’m facing is that I don’t have a xorg.conf file. The x11 directory that it would be located was never generated.

I’ve found instructions for generating this file, intel graphics - /etc/X11/xorg.conf doesn't exist? - Ask Ubuntu but it fails to generate. I get.

List of video drivers
    fbdev
    modesetting
    nvidia
No devices to configure. Configuration failed.
(EE) Server terminated with error(2). Closing log file

I’ve also tried to create the x11 directory and just insert a copy of sample .conf file in there with no success.

I’ve reflashed the tx2 twice and have had no success. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?

Thank you for your time and help.

Michael

The most common solution I’ve found is modifying the xorg.conf file to trick the system that an hdmi is connected. The issue that I’m facing is that I don’t have a xorg.conf file. The x11 directory that it would be located was never generated

xorg.conf is under /etc/X11/. If it is not, please tell us if you are using official rootfs from jetpack.

Wayne, hello,

I don’t know what the issue was, but I’ve found it. I’m using the Elroy carrier board from Connecttech. I ended up reflashing the board with a different flash profile and it ended up generating the directory and files this time around.

If anyone has the same issue, I’m now running Jetpack3.3 with the BSP from connecttech, using the refF+ profile.