Xorg segmentation fault

After installing Nvidia driver 430.40 from the .run file, I get a segmentation fault when starting X. I’m running CentOS 7.6 with two Quadra P6000. Before, I was running Nvidia 384.98 and it was working fine. Now when I try to downgrade to that version I get make errors.

Log file attached, after running startx --logverbose 6

The driver installer warned me that libglvnd was partially installed so I let it install the full version. This seems to have not worked according to the log. So I installed it myself with yum install libglvnd-opengl libglvnd-devel. Then I reinstalled the driver and didn’t get any errors this time.

Kernel version 3.10.0-957.27.2.el7.x86_64
Xorg version 1.20.1
nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (107 KB)

It looks like a conflicting version of the driver is still installed: the X server is loading version 430.40 of the X driver (“nvidia_drv.so”) but the kernel has the older version 415.27 loaded.

Aug 15 10:34:50 pixspan.colortime2020.local kernel: NVRM: API mismatch: the client has the version 430.40, but
                                                    NVRM: this kernel module has the version 415.27.  Please
                                                    NVRM: make sure that this kernel module and all NVIDIA driver
                                                    NVRM: components have the same version.

Please either use your distribution’s package manager to install the driver, or make sure any driver packages provided by the distribution are uninstalled before installing from the .run file.