Hi list members,
I have a bit of a strange problem here. This is a home theater system, running latest Mint and a GeForce GTX 1650 with the recommended latest Nividia driver. At first, this was just working well out of the box. Then I must have changed something, which made things odd. On boot, a default user is automatically logged in with no password.
- Graphics looks a bit rough, but somehow works. The resolution and identified monitor is not what would be expected.
- Nvidia kernel module is loaded.
- nvidia-smi does not show any running processes. There should be /usr/lib/xorg/Xorg and xfwm4 running.
- nvidia-settings reports “unable to load info from any available system”.
- Audio via HDMI is shown as “unplugged” in the Pulseaudio settings, so does not work at all.
Now, I can log off from this session and wait for the next automatic login. Exact same user, no reboot, just log in again: All is fine.
Any idea, what happens here?