XR 2.1 Apple, camera issue when tilting/perspective

Hey

There appears to be an issue with Apple XR mode. When tilting the tablet/rotating the camera appears to skew/stretch instead of rotating. Feels like a bad matrix rotation… that instead of rotates changes perspective of camera/offsets/etc…
In general
start steamVr > start apple = bad perspective
start steamVr > start apple > start android XR > android has bad perspective now
start steamVr > start Android > good perspective on android
start steamVr > start Android > Start apple > bad perspective on apple.

Has any1 else noticed it ?

1 Like

Hi,

Is this a pre-release build or the final 2.1 release?

Thanks,
Will

This is the build from the website that was released yesterday

As Richard said, it’s the latest one.

Let me know if u need a video or something with the issue example.

@wrice so you have run it fine via ios device with no issues?

we are testing with Vred if that makes a difference

Thanks for the the info. Would you mind providing your logs so we can take a look?

Thanks,
Will

Hey
@wrice which flags do you want me to enable and how on Apple device.
Should I put it after ip address like 192.168.0.10 -log-verbose -log-stream-events etc etc?
Or in CloudXRServerOptions.txt in Local/Nvidia/CloudXR ?
Not quite sure how to configure log output as there is no server that I start myself…
TIA

So @wrice, when you test the ios app you do not get any strange skew/stretching? Just to say we are testing with Vred.

Hi @wrice. Could you get back to us on this?
The issue occurs in the streamvr app so we know it is not an issue caused by vred. we are just wanting to know if others have this skewing/stretched appearance when with XR 2.1. Clearly you don’t?

Sorry, I meant to back to you earlier. This is something we saw in earlier (pre-release) builds of 2.1, but was fixed before the final release. I’ve reported it internally. I’ll provide an update that it is being seen in SteamVR in addition to VRED and get back to you asap.

-Will

Also, could you tell me the specific deviceyou are using to help with repro?

-Will

Thanks Will.

Testing has been on a Galaxy S8 (@Dariusz_Makowski will confirm for sure) and an iPad Pro 11inch 2nd Gen 2020.

Best,

Richard

Hi,

Could you capture a video on iOS when you experience the issue, then a second video when you run android afterwards and still experience the skewed perspective?

There is a known issue where device rotation causes vertical stretch in portrait mode, but I do not think that is the issue you are experiencing

Thanks,
Will

In each instance have you restarted steam VR or have you simply put connected multiple devices sequentially to the same instance of the server application running in SteamVR?

We’ve found that the first device that connects sets the resolution/perspective etc, so you can run into display issues if you connect a Quest then a Quest 2 then Hololens 2 etc

Updating all software to latest & doing lots of clear builds appear to have fixed it. For now I only have “bad tracking” but perspective appear to behave correctly.