You have launched this GPU task more than the expected number of times

Yesterday was my first day working through the Notebooks for the paid course FUNDAMENTALS OF ACCELERATED DATA SCIENCE WITH RAPIDS, and all was fine.
However, today when I went to the Course tab and clicked Launch Section I was blocked from going any further, with the message, “You have launched this GPU task more than the expected number of times. To continue, please contact DLI support.”

So I have been unable to complete the first section (GPU-Accelerated Data Manipulation). I didn’t realise that I was being timed, or that there was a limit on the “number of tasks”, but in any case, I think I should have been made aware of this upfront. Even so, I only started with the course yesterday so it seems a bit too early?

If the data sets were smaller, I could download notebooks and data and run on my local machine. But most of the datasets are several GBs. I am also ok to use the interactive cloud service if there is sufficient time to complete tasks, although I would prefer to take notes and proceed at my own snail-like learning pace.

How do I rectify this? I have tried to reach “DLI support” via email and phone, but that was several hours ago and there has been no reply and I’m not convinced I’ve found the right person or department. Do I need to wait days rather than minutes or hours?

Hi @bwynnemorris, thanks for reaching out and for your interest in the course.

I can help you with this issue. Could you please provide me with the username you use to login at studio.courses.nvidia.com?

1 Like

Thanks @bwynnemorris. Your number of launches has been reset. Take care and happy new year.

Best,

2 Likes

Thanks for help J. Really appreciated.

@jwyatt I am also experiencing the same issue. I started with the FUNDAMENTALS OF ACCELERATED DATA SCIENCE WITH RAPIDS course and now it is throwing an error that ’ You have launched this GPU task more than the expected number of times’ due to which I am not able to complete my first section (GPU-Accelerated Data Manipulation). It is mentioned that it is a self paced course and the limit on the number of times GPU task can be launched is no where mentioned before hand. Could you please reset my number of launches. Thanks.

Hi @smriiti.singhal,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry for the inconvenience. Could you please provide me with the username you use for logging into courses.nvidia.com?

Best,

Hi @jwyatt,

Yes sure. Thanks for replying back.

username : Smriiti_Singhal
email : smriiti.singhal@quantiphi.com.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if anything else is required.

Thanks.
Smriiti Singhal

Thanks @smriiti.singhal, that’s everything I need and your access has been reset. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you need any additional support.

Best,

@jwyatt, I am all set. Thank you so much.

A pleasure @smriiti.singhal, take care.

Hi @jwyatt,

I’m experiencing the same issue.

My username is DVelasco

Thanks in advance,

David

Same problem here.
My username is d_kotik

Thanks in advance

Daniel

hi @jwyatt, could you please reset mine also
username: qwerity / qwerity@gmail.com

thanks in advance ))

Hi @jwyatt, I have the same problem with teh task “Project:Biodefense”. Could you please reset mine also?
username: Irene_GH
Thanks.

Hello @jwyatt,
I have the same problem when i try to launch Fundamentals of Deep Learning course: “You have launched this GPU task more than the expected number of times.”. My username is Szymon_Budziak / budziakszymo@student.agh.edu.pl. Could you please reset my launches also?
Thanks in advance

Thanks for reaching out. I’ve reset the number of launches available to you.

Best,

1 Like

Thanks for reaching out, and sorry for the delay. I have reset the number of attempts available to you. All the best.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks so much for reaching out, and apologies for the delay. Can you tell me which course you are enrolled in with this issue? I’ll be happy to resolve it for you.

Best,

Hello @jwyatt,
I have the same problem when i try to launch the course Deep Learning at Scale with Horovod : “You have launched this GPU task more than the expected number of times.”. I recently bought the course almost didn`t use it.
My username is marina_mendes

Could you please reset my launches also?

Thanks in advance

Hi Marina,

Thanks for reaching out. I’ve reset your access to Deep Learning at Scale with Horovod. Enjoy!

1 Like