YUV camera preview issue after updating camera firmware

After updating camera firmware [ Topic268833_JP-512_rce-fw.7z, It has issue to capture video from a YUV camara, I can use the pipeline to preview on screen normally before flashing the camera firmware.

Blockquote

gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! ‘video/x-raw, width=(int)1280, height=(int)960, format=(string)UYVY, framerate=(fraction)30/1’ ! xvimagesink -e

hello xbyyuu,

you should using the camera firmware via Topic 268833, right?
this is firmware update to include the fixes for deskew algorithm. is your YUV camera data-rate larger than 1.5Gbps?

anyways, JetPack 5.1.3 is now available.
is it possible for moving to the latest release for verification?

Hello Jerry,
Yes, I use the camera firmware via this topic.
My YUV camera DPHY rate is 1.5G, don’t need deskew.
I can use gst-launch-1.0 nvarguscamerasrc to capture RAW12 video.
I test the firmware with nvarguscamerasrc, it’s indeed improved the stability, but has issue to capture YUV video with v4l2src, it show a green screen only. and if I switch back to the camera firmware shipped with JP5.1.2, YUV video streaming is OK.

hello xbyyuu,

FYI, nvarguscamerasrc and v4l2src they’re went through different pipelines.
please see-also Camera Architecture Stack for reference.

to be honest,
this firmware update resolve the deskew issue majorly, we haven’t fully test it with v4l2src.

please stay-on default rce-fw for your camera use-case, or moving forward to the latest release for verification.
let’s following-up the status with the latest release version.

Hello Jerry,

After running “gst-launch v4l2src” multiple times, only the first attempt reliably previews the video, while subsequent attempts often fail to display anything. It seems like the camera firmware is hanging up. Is there a way to manually reset the camera firmware to ensure that each time “gst-launch v4l2src” is executed, it can consistently capture video?

hello xbyyuu,

is this failure happened with JP-5.1.2?
could you please gather error logs for reference.
for instance, $ dmesg > klogs.txt

Hello Jerry,

Yes, It’s happened with JP-5.1.2. Here’s the klogs.
klogs.txt (112.6 KB)

hello xbyyuu,

here’s reporting NULL VI, is camera node register to system node correctly?

[   65.483676] tegra-camrtc-capture-vi tegra-capture-vi: uncorr_err: request timed out after 2500 ms
[   65.496415] tegra-camrtc-capture-vi tegra-capture-vi: err_rec: attempting to reset the capture channel
[   65.506529] (NULL device *): vi_capture_control_message: NULL VI channel received

BTW, may I know which camera sensor you’re using?
please also have v4l2-compliance test to examine the sensor driver.

Hello Jerry,

The camera device node is correctly identified, and the sensor, sourced from a partner, is confirmed to be operational through successful DPhy signal measurements. After a fresh boot of the Jetson, video previewing via gst-launch-1.0 is feasible. However, closing the gst-launch-1.0 window and then reopening it for video capture often leads to failure. The issue can be resolved by either power cycling the Jetson development kit or waiting for several minutes before attempting to capture video again with gst-launch-1.0. In instances where capture fails, the specific error can be viewed in the dmesg output.
v4l2-compliance.txt (3.4 KB)

hello xbyyuu,

is this new issue? did you see the same failure with JP-5.1.2 release version?

Hello Jerry,

It’s the same issue. It happened with JP-5.1.2. When video capture fail,
dmesg report NULL VI.

hello xbyyuu,

as it always works for the 1st trail. please give it a try for waiting longer (~1min) to re-init the sensor stream.
if that remain fail… you may need to review sensor power-sequence.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.