10.6.4 Update & CUDA GPU driver Following updating of OS X to 10.6.4 now asked to update CUDA dr

Pref Pane now saying update available, but it fails… going to try to find it manually…

It does not appear to be available on the NVIDIA site.

Hi TMurray,

you wrote on June 16th that you are working on it.

The annoying thing is that one gets into this situation due to a normal update of MacOS X and not due to a aware self-done update? Therefore some fix would be great.

Any news?

“A version of the GPU Driver is installed on your system which requires an updated CUDA Driver. If you do not update the CUDA Driver, some CUDA-enabled applications may run slowly or cease to function properly”

WHERE IS A BUG FIX ???

Where is a new CUDA driver ???

Thanks

Yeah - couldn’t find it myself and an hour or two later the pref pane was back to saying ‘up to date’ and ‘update required’ again.

Should be working now. Sorry it took so long, everyone–the speed should be significantly improved in the future.

Cool! Seems to be all good now. thanks

Premiere CS5 works super well but octane is still unusable. :(

Looks good. Thanks a lot!

Have a nice weekend.

Good Job. Thanks…

I’m running CUDA 3.1.1 and still can’t get it to work with iRay and Maya under Mac OS

Any hints?

Cheers

L

Last night the CUDA preference pane was able to update the driver and now reads 3.1.10.

I then updated the toolkit and SDK so now:

$ nvcc -V
nvcc: NVIDIA ® Cuda compiler driver
Copyright © 2005-2010 NVIDIA Corporation
Built on Thu_Jun_17_16:11:55_PDT_2010
Cuda compilation tools, release 3.1, V0.2.1221

But deviceQuery fails with:

./deviceQuery Starting…

CUDA Device Query (Runtime API) version (CUDART static linking)

cudaGetDeviceCount FAILED CUDA Driver and Runtime version may be mismatched.

FAILED

Any suggestions?

Last night the CUDA preference pane was able to update the driver and now reads 3.1.10.

I then updated the toolkit and SDK so now:

$ nvcc -V
nvcc: NVIDIA ® Cuda compiler driver
Copyright © 2005-2010 NVIDIA Corporation
Built on Thu_Jun_17_16:11:55_PDT_2010
Cuda compilation tools, release 3.1, V0.2.1221

But deviceQuery fails with:

./deviceQuery Starting…

CUDA Device Query (Runtime API) version (CUDART static linking)

cudaGetDeviceCount FAILED CUDA Driver and Runtime version may be mismatched.

FAILED

Any suggestions?

You need to uninstall everything before doing the update!
Files are found in /usr/local/cuda

Im using 3.1.1 and deviceQuery passes, CUDA apps run fine, but it is my best interest to use CUDA to accelerate rendering, and my render engine does not see CUDA devices, even though everything is properly installed…

cheers to all

L

You need to uninstall everything before doing the update!
Files are found in /usr/local/cuda

Im using 3.1.1 and deviceQuery passes, CUDA apps run fine, but it is my best interest to use CUDA to accelerate rendering, and my render engine does not see CUDA devices, even though everything is properly installed…

cheers to all

L

After applying the driver update from the developer download page deviceQuery now works for me.

After applying the driver update from the developer download page deviceQuery now works for me.