30 FPS while running people net on deepstream

Hi,

I have just installed nvidia jetpack 4.5.1 on my jetson NX, i installed deepstream 5.1 as well and i am trying to run deepstream samples such as “deepstream_app_source1_peoplenet.txt” that can be found at (deepstream-5.1/samples/configs/tlt_pretrained_models) folder.

The command i am using is : “deepstream-app -c deepstream_app_source1_peplenet.txt”

Is it normal to only get 30 FPS? can i get more FPS or is that the max performance i can get from the NX.

Thank you

• Devixce : Jetson NX
• DeepStream Version : 5.1
• JetPack Version : 4.5.1
• TensorRT Version : 7.1.3-1

Hi,
Please modify [sink0] in the file to

[sink0]
enable=1
#Type - 1=FakeSink 2=EglSink 3=File ​
type=1
sync=0
source-id=0
gpu-id=0

To try fakesink and sync=0. Please also set sudo nvpmodel -m 2 and sudo jetson_clocks, to run in power mode 2. All power modes are listed in the table

Hi,

Thank you for the fast reply, after changing sync to 0, it worked and i got 60FPS, can you please explain to me what does sync do or refer me to a documentation about it? Type 1 gave me about 66FPs so that 6 FPS more.
Thank you

Hi,
Please check
DeepStream Reference Application - deepstream-app — DeepStream 6.1.1 Release documentation

For type = 2 or 5, the frames are rendered and fps is capped by display mode(generally 1080 60fps). you can run the command to get display mode:

root@tx2:~# cat /sys/class/graphics/fb0/mode
U:1920x1080p-59

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.