455.23.04: Page allocation failure in kernel module at random points

You are right. I started digging into what it takes to run Ryzen 5 1600 stably in linux. I had done this in 2018 and found the work arounds to keep the system from crashing. They include kernel command line options and a little script called zenstates.py which disables powerstate C6.

Well, I’m getting messages in dmesg about a python program not accessing the arb interface correctly. It turns out the kernel is complaining about zenstates.py.

I assume it’s not working anymore and removed it from my boot sequence. That’s when things got really bad.

It may be working. I put it back. It says it is working, but there are error messages in dmesg, so I don’t know for sure. I’m running all the command line stuff I could gather: idle=nomwait rcu_nocbs=0-11 amd_iommu=on video=efifb:off kvm.ignore_msrs=1 pci=msi, zenstates is running again and I’m running the old nvidia driver.

Hopefully this will make things better? I dunno. I just wish nvidia would fix this bug so I would have half a chance to fix the rest of my issues.