After Booting up spinning cursor coming on monitor

Hi,

When we flashed the AGX orin and it starts booting up and got o setup configuration. After setting up the configuration only spining cursor is coming on display. Not able to logout as well.

After resetting, it is again come up in setup configuration while i already did it in after first boot.

Please let me know how to solve this issue?

Thanks
Sagar

Hi sagar.kumar2,

Are you using the devkit or custom board for AGX Orin?
What’s your Jetpack version in use?

How did you flash the AGX Orin? With SDKM or flash script?

Do you mean that there’s display on your monitor but it always shows a spinning cursor rather than entering into desktop?
Please share the full serial console log for further check.

Hi

1. we are using custom board
  2. Jetson 35.5.0
  3. Flash script
  4. Yes
  5. please see attached logs
    logs.txt (116.8 KB)

Hi Kevin,

Is there any update on it?

Thanks
Sagar

[   40.582927] Please complete system configuration setup on desktop to proceed...

It seems your board is entering in to system configuration for the first boot to configure the username/password …etc.

You can pre-configure it before flashing the board.
Please refer to the following instruction for details.
Skipping oem-config

Hi Kevin,

Yes I entered all the details in setup configuration but after that only spinning cursor is coming on display.

And it again asking for setup configuration every time on reset.

Thanks
Sagar

It seems not the expected result for me that I should appear only once, but you log showed that it is still in system configuration.

Have you tried the method I shared above to pre-configure them?

Hi Kevin,

With the skip-oemconfig, I am able to login from host machine via console but in custom devkit there is no display coming out now. But able to runs commands via console using host machine.

Thanks
Sagar

If you can interact with the board through console, then I think it boots up successfully.
For display issue, maybe you should check the serial console log for any errors.
For the custom carrier board, please refer to Jetson AGX Orin Platform Adaptation and Bring-Up — NVIDIA Jetson Linux Developer Guide 1 documentation

HI Kevin,

When we are not skipping oem-config display is coming up with spinning cursor only.
After skipping oem-config, we are able to take control of console but sudo command is not working , we are getting this error when we run any command with sudo prefix-

/usr/bin/sudo must be owned by uid 0 and have the setuid bit set

Thanks
Sagar

Do you hit the permission issue only on the custom carrier board?
We would not hit the similar issue on the devkit.
Is there any custom modification may cause sudo not working?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.