Ling-3.0 starts with native hybrid-linear attention: KDA and MLA layers stacked 5:1.
KDA gives fine-grained control over long-range memory, while 1/64 expert activation makes MoE compute more efficient.
It supports 256K context natively and can scale to 1M.
They haven’t released weights yet or posted a schedule, but since they’re releasing these arch details we should assume soon. Seems to be a new tradition this year to wait 10 days to ship weights, so that’s a nominal assumption.
A5B means this should be much faster than our other ~100B options.
Looks promising indeed, and like you said, because of the low number of activated weights, it should be quite fast too.
It appears to benchmark close to DS4F, which is promising, but the new Laguna model also did and so far (perhaps still too early to say) that one looks benchmaxed.
Ling comes from Alibaba I understand, and typically at least the Qwen team (also Alibaba) did not appear to strongly benchmax, so the hope is that the weights are released soon and that real-world performance (quality) is indeed in line with something like DS4F.
Just eyeballing the numbers, looks like ~70-90GB total for the model size? I wonder how it performs compared to Qwen 122B, and if we can actually run it single spark. Per the model card, it doesn’t seem like the NVFP4 version (… as usual) performs as well as it should given the supposedly superior quant over the 77GB smaller version.
Why INT4 Autoround? My understanding is that NVFP4 gets a speed bump on blackwell hardware?
I tried to find some comparison benchmarks for existing models but didn’t find much.
Full instruction set for sm121 Nvfp4 does not match older set that are targeting DC gpus and despite native Nvfp4 current implementation fallback go software emulation affecting speed and as per many observations - quality
In my subjective experience, every NVFP4 model I have tried, as 0rand has pointed out, has had disappointing performance. Speed might be fine, but reasoning is oddly bad.
Interesting. I’m pretty new here, and new to Spark, but as far as I understood this had been sorted out in the last 6 months or so. But, I may be incorrect/misinformed. NVFP4 for Qwen 3.6 27b seems to work pretty well for me. But I’ll definitely try to find some INT4 Autoround quantizations to try out now.
Downloading 4 bit for Mac. Down have much hopes but we will see. Hard to beat 27b fp8 and 35b fp8. If it’s better than Laguna s2.1 it might be interesting