Anybody ever run OpenPilot (comma.ai) on Jetson nano?

Hello,
just interested in running OpenPilot on JetBot and see how it performs ?!

Thanks

hey, @ychinwang. Did you actually go ahead and try running OpenPilot on Jetbot? If so will let me know how did you do it?

Although i found this video on YouTube, I dont know which jetson model is he using to run it.

Hello,

I’ve been working on getting openpilot running on a Jetson Nano for the past week, and I’ve been documenting my progress within the Chevy Bolt wiki over on the openpilot github: Chevy Bolt · commaai/openpilot Wiki · GitHub

I got to the point of possibly having all the dependencies installed, but run into a cryptic error deep into compiling openpilot, so I’m now revisiting the dependencies. If there are other’s interested in the endeavor I would very much appreciate some more brains working on this to hack through it.

EDIT: My exasperation has led to some newly inspired google search methods, and it may not be too difficult to contact Gernby (the one who posted the video) for some more information.

~Justine

Hi Justine (and the community), thanks for trying to port OpenPilot to Jetson. I have both the Nano and the new NX, and would like to give it a go. I upgraded Jetson Nano to 20.04 today since OpenPilot is now on 20.04. Do you have any build notes/tips you can share? Thanks for reading.

you can use pc&webcam way to run openpilot on jetson like:

and recompile OpenCV and FFmpeg with CUDA.

1 Like