Backing Up and Restoring a Jetson Device : fail

Dear all :

I would like to use the tool Backup_restore to extract the image from AGX_Orin and use initrd to flash the image back. The relevant commands are as follows:

$ sudo ./tools/backup_restore/l4t_backup_restore.sh -e nvme0n1 -b jetson-agx-orin-devkit 
$ sudo ./tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash.sh --use-backup-image --external-device nvme0n1p1 -c tools/kernel_flash/flash_l4t_external.xml -p "-c bootloader/generic/cfg/flash_t234_qspi.xml --no-systemimg" --showlogs --network eth0:192.168.0.61/24:192.168.0.80 jetson-agx-orin-devkit internal

When running l4t_backup_restore.sh, I successfully extracted the image and copied the image located in backup_restore to Linux_for_Tegra/tools/kernel_flash/images. However, when running l4t_initrd_flash.sh, I encountered the following error:

Waiting for device to expose ssh ...................................................Run command: flash on 192.168.0.61
SSH ready
chroot: failed to run command '/mnt/l4t_flash_from_kernel.sh': No such file or directory
Flash failure
Either the device cannot mount the NFS server on the host or a flash command has failed. Debug log saved to /tmp/tmp.2TI48auIqU. You can access the target's terminal through "sshpass -p root ssh root@192.168.0.61"
Cleaning up...

I initially thought it was a firewall issue, but after checking the firewall status, it was turned off.

$ sudo ufw status

Could you please help identify the possible causes of this issue and provide solutions?

Thank you.

flash_1-8_0_20240603-110249.log (5.9 KB)

Hi,

This workflow is currently not supported. Please directly restore with the -r option.
We are working on a change to support it, and it’s aimed to be included in JetPack 6.1.

Even after it’s supported, you should use the -c option when backing up images.
Manually copy to ther kernel_flash folder is never going to work.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.