We are excited to announce that the latest release of Blender is on the Omniverse Launcher! The biggest feature in this release is the first release of the Nucleus Connector Add-on, allowing Blender users in Omniverse to read and write directly to Nucleus servers.
- New Nucleus Connector addon, to support Nucleus import and export. (OM-63869)
- Use the USD asset resolver to read and write assets, to support file identifiers with Omniverse URIs.
- Support importing textures from USDZ archives. (OM-53211)
- New Import All Materials USD import option. (OM-51801)
- UX change for import/export options, with collapsible panels. (OM-82759)
- Audio2Face Add-on: import JSON or USDA animation clips exported from Audio2Face. (OM-76061)
- Audio2Face Add-on: New “vertex vomit” fixer button to ensure only face points move when importing shapes. (OM-83549)
- Scene Optimization panel: option to merge selected meshes on export. (OM-78777)
- Specify Kind on USD export. (OM-50914)
- USD libraries are now dynamically linked.
- USD Python API support.
- Merge Blender 3.6 main branch changes (up to commit 1b96dd53 of Feb 21, 2023).
- Fixed error in Sun light angle export (OM-85956)
- Scene Optimization panel: various edge case bug fixes related to selection and mode.
- Fix crash when importing empty USD blendshapes. (OM-77772)
- Fix error exporting mesh for USD blendshapes. (OM-77345)
- Apply Subdiv USD export toggle has no effect. (OM-67705)
- Support multiple Path Mask entries. (OM-73914)
- Fix random crash on UMM import in event notification code. (OM-76698)
- Not freed memory error on USD export. (OM-77298)
- Export camera attributes in tenths of scene units. (OM-50235)