Blockchain drivers

those nvidia released the fix to the 1070 flb problem??? or they just don’t care?

2 Likes

still nothing… regarding this matter… why won’t nvidia say something about a fix to this???

2 Likes

Did you hear back from them?

no, I don’t think they care.

1 Like

too bad… got a few cards that are suffering from the problem… and increasing the power to compensate ain’t great… expensive eletric…NVIDIA… HELLO???

1 Like

hello again… to the nvidia devs… we need driver fix TLB to the 1070, 1080, 1080TI cards… HELLO??? anyone reading this???

2 Likes

The customer is always right. We are your customers! Do not disregard us. Help.

1 Like

Here is the reply. Please note that I likely will not be able to respond to any follow-up questions about this. Therefore, if you ask a question, and I do not respond, that is the reason. I’m not permitted to share any more details than what is presented here:

We’ve confirmed that the performance drop is due to the size of the DAG exceeding the total on-chip TLB capacity on the Pascal GPU. As a result, there is an increased number of TLB misses, which affects performance. Because the TLB is a fixed capacity hardware resource, and the ETH algorithm accesses the DAG randomly, we don’t believe there are any software optimizations that could reduce the TLB miss rate.

In the Volta generation, TLB coverage was increased by 4x, and large DAG sizes (up to ~8GB, which won’t be reached for many years) will still fit in the on-chip TLB. So these newer GPUs (Volta and beyond) will show much less performance sensitivity due to DAG size.

1 Like

nvidia should apply same tlb that the 1070ti has… the dag increase… didn’t affect them… only the “normal” 1070 cards…the 1060 also didn’t had any effect…the 6gb model…

1 Like

If TLB miss is issue how then gtx 1070 at clock at 2Ghz can keep up the hash rate of 32Mhs
or GTX 1080ti also need clock over 2Ghz to have 55Mhs?!?

If its TLB issue how clock help?

damn RX 580 need a clock of 1100Mhz to hash at 32Mhs

NVIDIA even now gtx 1070 works as CRAP in new games compared to old AMD RX, miners tsrating to hate NV also as AMD have deals with mining devs as claymore to optmize algos for even old HW
At same time what Nvidia do??? PROMOTE new HW
GTX 1070 work as shite in new games and also now same with mining, you can search forums ppl are not blind nor stupid, just rethink how fast intel lose the leadership you want to been next shiting on old gen and not caring!

2 Likes

Nv never listened to customers, as AMD, so me and my friends who have together more than 10k Nv gpus will never, I repeat NEVER buy NV cards again. AMD for the win. And no, I am not AMD fanboy, just telling the facts and true.

nVidia LIFE MATTER !

Stay positive, stay green. Peace

GTX 1070 work as shite […] with mining

I am glad to hear it. Keeping cryptocurrency “mining” from further contributing to climate change is a plus in my book. Consider using that GTX 1070 to contribute to the fight against COVID-19 instead: https://foldingathome.org/

Generally speaking, just use the hardware and software that best suits your use case. There is really no need to tell the world about your choices.

1 Like

LOL environmentalist using precious electricity to say some irrelevant nonsense.

Latin sentence says, if you have nothing wise to tell, better be quiet.

People here have problems with hardware purchased with hard earned money, and expect from it to work as it should…not to be degraded by drivers update etc. The “other” company actually cares about its customers, and that is real problem here, and on other forums as well.

I have been nV customer from late 90s, but now I will reconsider

Just my 2 cents

Why not quote that “Latin sentence” properly, then follow that advice?

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

You know banks in global use more power then BTC network and we do not need banks!
So yeah rethink first why you are ok with them

increasing power ain’t a solution… we need a better TLB on the 1070 cards…NVIDIA can u ear US??? HELLO???

A TLB (translation lookaside buffer, to speed up the translation of virtual to physical addresses) is a piece of hardware. It is designed into processor hardware. In the case of the GTX 1070 that design process likely happened around 2014, maybe early 2015. So unless you have means of time travel available to you …

1 Like

You know 2013 or so AMD R9 380 soon will hash more then GTX 1070!
R9 290x already hash more!

I couldn’t care less, but it is apparent that you do care. So I will quote myself:

Generally speaking, just use the hardware and software that best suits your use case.

+1 On some specific drivers.

Currently h/w:

my 1060s are way better w/h than 1070s

its insano:

1070 - 4.8 w/h
1060 - 3.47 w/h