Camera intrinsic matrix

Hello,
I’m using the Isaac gym camera and I want to know how to get the camera’s intrinsic matrix with local_transform?

cam_props = gymapi.CameraProperties() cam_props.width = 1280 cam_props.height = 720 cam_props.horizontal_fov = 60.0 cam_props.enable_tensors = True cam_handle = gym.create_camera_sensor(env, cam_props) local_transform = gymapi.Transform() body_handle = gym.get_actor_rigid_body_handle(env, tiago_handle, 64) gym.attach_camera_to_body(cam_handle, env, body_handle, local_transform, gymapi.FOLLOW_TRANSFORM)

Hi,
as far as i know isaac gym doesnt provide the camera intrinsics. But i computed them by myself

def compute_camera_intrinsics_matrix(image_width, image_heigth, horizontal_fov, device):
vertical_fov = (image_heigth / image_width * horizontal_fov) * np.pi / 180
horizontal_fov *= np.pi / 180

f_x = (image_width / 2.0) / np.tan(horizontal_fov / 2.0)
f_y = (image_heigth / 2.0) / np.tan(vertical_fov / 2.0)

K = torch.tensor([[f_x, 0.0, image_width / 2.0], [0.0, f_y, image_heigth / 2.0], [0.0, 0.0, 1.0]], device=device, dtype=torch.float)

return K

i compute this matrix one time at the creation of the environment and use it throughout the training, transforming depth images and to point clouds.

2 Likes

Hi,

thanks for your help. It’s very helpful to me.

Best regards,
xiaolin

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.