Card used 4 display - How to find it? Multi-GPU code

Hi,

I would like to know if there is an API through which I can find if the CUDA device is being used for display or not.

I am into some serious multi-GPU stuff and this would help.

Thanks for any help!

Best Regards,
Sarnath

If you look at the forum post with the release of the CUDA 2.1 beta, Tim (I think it was Tim) said that there is a feature in 2.1 final that didn’t make it into 2.1 beta: cudaGetDeviceProperties will have a flag telling you if there is a watchdog timer enabled on that GPU or not. That isn’t quite the same as asking if it is attached to a display, but might be what you really want.

Yeah, you could use the watchdog timer query, but it’s not necessarily always what you want. Can you give a better description of what you’re actually trying to do?

Thank you Tim and MrAnderson.

I want to spawn a multi-GPU kernel that is going to run for minutes together (one single invocation…). So, I dont want a watchdog monitored GPU for this case. Thanks.

Okay, so you actually want watchdog timer query. Wait for 2.1 final! Coming soon…

Thanks. Looking forward for it.

Until then, I would run a 30-sec dummy kernel to figure out if there is a watchdog or not :-)