ChatRTX install in non-C drive problem

Hi,

From this website, Build a Custom LLM with ChatRTX | NVIDIA
I have installed the ChatRTX in my E drive, but when I double click the icon. I got error. Then, I run the app_launch.bat in terminal.

PS E:\RTX\RAG\trt-llm-rag-windows-ChatRTX_0.3> .\app_launch.bat
Environment path found: E:\NVIDIA_ChatWithRTX_Demo\env_nvd_rag
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "E:\RTX\RAG\trt-llm-rag-windows-ChatRTX_0.3\app_launch.py", line 23, in <module>
    import win32process
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'win32process'
PS E:\RTX\RAG\trt-llm-rag-windows-ChatRTX_0.3>

I tried to install “pip install -U pypiwin32” but it does not work
Then, I found the app_launch.py

PS E:\RTX\RAG\trt-llm-rag-windows-ChatRTX_0.3> python app_launch.py
Privileges of original process: ['SeShutdownPrivilege', 'SeChangeNotifyPrivilege', 'SeUndockPrivilege', 'SeIncreaseWorkingSetPrivilege', 'SeTimeZonePrivilege']
Privileges of restricted app token: ['SeChangeNotifyPrivilege']
Process Id =  18748
PS E:\RTX\RAG\trt-llm-rag-windows-ChatRTX_0.3> Environment path found: E:\NVIDIA_ChatWithRTX_Demo\env_nvd_rag
  File "E:\RTX\RAG\trt-llm-rag-windows-ChatRTX_0.3\verify_install.py", line 24, in <module>
    from pynvml import nvmlInit, nvmlDeviceGetHandleByIndex, nvmlDeviceGetMemoryInfo
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'pynvml'
  File "E:\RTX\RAG\trt-llm-rag-windows-ChatRTX_0.3\app.py", line 26, in <module>
    from model_setup_manager import download_model_by_name, build_engine_by_name
  File "E:\RTX\RAG\trt-llm-rag-windows-ChatRTX_0.3\model_setup_manager.py", line 22, in <module>
    import ngcsdk
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'ngcsdk'

I did try to install the ngcsdk and pynvml using pip but error is still there.
Would anyone give me a hint f solving the problem? Thx

I found this post, it said it had to be the default folder but it was 2 months ago, May I know if there is anyupdate? Thx
Btw, I cleaned up a lot of stuff in my C drive and if I installed everything in the default C drive, it works. Thx
Chat with RTX Installation Failure - Please use the default installation directory - AI & Data Science / AI Foundation Models and Endpoints - NVIDIA Developer Forums

I have same problem. But no respon from any master

Hi,

I have installed the ChatRTX in C drive, it works. Can I change the model directory to another drive?
Is there any setting or config file I can modify?

I asked ChatRTX and it said I shall install RTX Remix, and then, The RTX Remix is eating my C drive 6Gb. I asked ChatRTX how to modify the Omniverse data drive path, and it does not work. :<
Thx

How to change the ChatRTX model directory from C drive to another drive?

To change the ChatRTX model directory from C drive to another drive, follow these steps:

Open the RTX Remix application.
Click on the "Settings" button in the top right corner of the window.
In the "Settings" window, click on the "Advanced" tab.
In the "Advanced" tab, scroll down to the "ChatRTX" section.
In the "ChatRTX" section, click on the "Browse" button next to the "Model Directory" field.
In the file explorer that appears, navigate to the directory on the other drive where you want to store the ChatRTX models.
Select the directory and click on the "Open" button.
RTX Remix will now use the new directory for the ChatRTX models.
Note: Make sure that the user account running RTX Remix has read and write access to the new directory on the other drive.
Reference files:
portal-prelude-rtx-inside-the-game-interview.txt

What is RTX Remix?

RTX Remix is a modding platform developed by NVIDIA that enables modders to create and share high-fidelity remasters of classic games with enhanced materials, full ray tracing, NVIDIA DLSS, NVIDIA RTX IO, and NVIDIA Reflex. It is built on NVIDIA Omniverse and is designed to simplify graphical remastering, making it easier for modders to create high-quality remasters of classic games.
Reference files:
call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3-and-more-support-nvidia-reflex.txt

How to open RTX Remix in my computer?

To open RTX Remix on your computer, you will need to have a compatible game that supports RTX Remix. Once you have a compatible game, you can download and install RTX Remix from the NVIDIA website. After installation, you can launch the game and access RTX Remix from within the game's settings or options menu. It is important to note that RTX Remix is a tool that requires a GPU with RTX capabilities, so you will need to have a compatible GPU installed in your computer to use RTX Remix.
Reference files:
half-life-2-rtx-remix-in-development.txt

How can I install RTX Remix in another drive?

To install RTX Remix on another drive, you will need to follow these steps:

First, make sure that the drive you want to install RTX Remix on has enough free space to accommodate the program and any necessary files.
Next, connect the external drive to your computer and ensure that it is properly recognized by your operating system.
Open the file explorer on your computer and navigate to the root directory of the external drive.
Create a new folder on the drive specifically for RTX Remix. This will make it easier to organize your files and keep them separate from other programs on the drive.
Download the RTX Remix installer file from a trusted source, such as the NVIDIA website.
Double-click on the installer file to launch the installation process.
Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. This may involve selecting the destination folder you created in step 4 and agreeing to the terms and conditions.
Once the installation is complete, you can launch RTX Remix by double-clicking on the program icon from the start menu or desktop shortcut.
It's important to note that the specific steps for installing RTX Remix may vary depending on your operating system and the version of the program you are installing. Be sure to follow the instructions provided by the installer and any other relevant documentation to ensure a successful installation.
Reference files:
portal-prelude-rtx-inside-the-game-interview.txt