Conversion of Owl-ViT model to ".engine" file which is used in metropolis GenAI application

Hello all,

I am using mmj_genai application. It is using the google’s Owl-ViT model.

I want to use mmj_genai application to detect custom objects. So first I want to train the Owl-ViT model and then convert it to “.engine” file which is needed for mmj_genai application. I want to know how can I convert the Owl-ViT model to .engine file? In the GitHub they are using checkpoint only. How can I save the model from checkpoint and then convert it to “.engine” file?

There is guide for convert model to engine file (Build the TensorRT engine for the OWL-ViT vision encoder) in:GitHub - NVIDIA-AI-IOT/nanoowl at cfef75a8ad5fb8be0e3beb501a763661a9336d1d.
The model we use in the mmj_genai example is based on OWL-ViT from google. The OWL-ViT github repository has some resources on how to train it. scenic/scenic/projects/owl_vit at main · google-research/scenic · GitHub

1 Like

I looked at the Nanoowl github. Somehow I missed this. Thanks.

The training steps on scenic github repo is not working though. It is giving error related to DECODER for the dataset (‘lvis’ or ‘coco’ datasets).

Have you ever tried fine-tuning the model?

Please file new topic if you have more question. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.