cuCtxCreate returning CUDA_ERROR_OUT_OF_MEMORY

I’ve got a weird problem, which i’m hoping others have had and solved. When I call cuCtxCreate after X amount of runs of my app it gets into a state where it fails and returns CUDA_ERROR_OUT_OF_MEMORY, even though I check the memory and nothing is allocated at that point. Restarting visual studio doesnt fix this and I have to restart the computer for this problem to go away, until it comes back after X number of app runs. Which is a bit annoying, having to reboot every 30-60 mins.

My guess is that since im debugging, and not always hitting the code that deallocates/destroys the context, its left lingering somewhere in the CUDA runtime running in windows, which accumulates until the stack for contexts is full. Which is then cleared upon rebooting.

Anyone else had this problem?

I am also facing the same problem. After some 15-20 runs of my application cuCtxCreate fails with error CUDA_ERROR_OUT_OF_MEMORY. Surprisingly, this error comes only with my Quadro FX 5600 card. Everything works fine on my laptop GeForce 8400M GS.

I am stuck at this place. Any help would we appreciated. Thanks!!

Try use cuMemGetInfo(&free_mem, &total_mem) in your program after you create the context and just before you destroy it/ exit the program to check if you have memory leaking from somewhere.