Ive currently been asked to write a report on the differences between the different programming methods for GPU cards
so far I have CUDA, CTM, Brook, Brook+, Rapidmind and PeakStream
I know that CUDA works on linux, winXP
question 1) Does brook work on linux, how about CTM, brook+ and rapidmind and peakstream
2) how easily available are the SDK’s for CTM, brook, brook+, rapidmind and peakstream?
3) how easily available is sample code or code that people have put up on the web for CUDA,CTM,brook, brook+, rapidmind and peakstream comparitively
4) which method gives greatest access to the GPU’s functionality for optimisation purposes
5) what are the advantages/disadvantages of using any particular method
6) other than CUDA, which languages are closest to c
7) which methods implement IEEE?
8) What other differences are there that I can put in my report?