I seem to have found another wierd quirk in CUDA 1.1. For some reason my program has just started producing out of memory errors when I call cudaMallocHost. It doesn’t do it all the time though. Is there some way of monitoring the memory available for this? Is it possible I have hit some other limit? I have several buffers allocated this way but they total less than 4MB. I do free and reallocate them from time to time - is it possible this is going wrong somewhere? How do I troubleshoot the problem?
Related topics
| Topic | Replies | Views | Activity | |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| Cannot allocate any memory with cudaMallocHost or cudaMallocManaged | 0 | 123 | December 4, 2025 | |
| Nsight Compute returns "out of memory" error on cudaMallocHost | 1 | 918 | October 6, 2022 | |
| cudaMallocHost crash since update from cuda 7.0.28 to 8.0.44 | 5 | 1489 | July 31, 2017 | |
| Should cudaMallocHost() need retry? | 4 | 1405 | January 10, 2016 | |
| Pinned memory limit | 16 | 14151 | May 1, 2016 | |
| cudaMallocHost not returning errors in emulation mode | 1 | 1534 | June 3, 2009 | |
| cudamallochost problem | 6 | 10959 | March 10, 2011 | |
| cudaHostAlloc is returning bad memory After calling cudaHostAlloc, my host pointer is out-of-bounds | 6 | 7148 | May 29, 2010 | |
| Problem CudaMallocHost | 4 | 2220 | July 14, 2015 | |
| Is there a limit to cudaMallocHost memory allocation ? Mapping of buffer object failed while using c | 5 | 2990 | December 5, 2021 |