Dark Screen until OS loads RTX 6000 ADA

Hi -

I’ve got an ASUS WRX80E Sage Wifi MOBO with a VGA/Discrete graphics hard switch on it and two
RTX 6000 ADA cards in, with three monitors to one of the cards over display port. MOBO has modtly default BIOS settings with UEFI options selected when available (no legacy). CPU is an AMD threadripper.

When the MOBO VGA switch is selected on, and I use a fourth monitor plugged into the MOBO integrated VGA port, boot occurs as ussual - bios-grub-boot messages-login. At shut-down messages report on screen as normal (with everything on the VGA connected monitor).

When VGA is selected off, and I attempt to us the monitors plugged into one of the RTX 6000s, the screen is dark until OS loads. Screen is also dark when shutting down. Other than that everything is fine.

I am wondering if there is a fix for this - I like being able to see my bios/pre/post/grub/messages… its pretty useful.

RTX Bios is currently 95.02.3A.00.01- and I am using nvidia-driver-535 - I let ubuntu apt upgrade install/manage all that as it desires.

Not sure this matters but apt upgrade reports :
The following packages have been kept back:
linux-signatures-nvidia-6.5.0-26-generic

Thanks,

Nick

Please run nvidia-bug-report.sh as root and attach the resulting nvidia-bug-report.log.gz file to your post.