Doesn't working a Keyboard and Mouse after upgrade Ubuntu 16.04

Hello,
I am using the MICRO-B cable given by the jetson board, and using a male-to-male USB to connect to my system. However, the lsblk still does not recognize the board!
This one to be precise: https://www.amazon.es/dp/B001U3ZP0Q/ref=pe_3310721_189395781_TE_3p_dp_1

Details from dmesg

[109307.483349] usb 2-2: USB disconnect, device number 22
[109309.480045] usb 2-2: new high-speed USB device number 25 using xhci_hcd
[109309.608562] usb 2-2: New USB device found, idVendor=0955, idProduct=7721
[109309.608565] usb 2-2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
[109309.608566] usb 2-2: Product: APX
[109309.608567] usb 2-2: Manufacturer: NVIDIA Corp.

Do I need this cable instead: https://www.amazon.es/dp/B013G4EAEI/ref=pe_3310721_185740151_TE_item ?

I do not understand what I am missing. Any help will be appreciated.

One end of the USB cable must be “type B”, the other end must be “type A” (some combination of cable and adapter has to achieve this combination…if the length exceeds the maximum allowed length the signal will fail due to a certain amount of latency per distance exceeding the maximum allowed…this cannot be circumvented with better cables).

The dmesg you show above indicates a Jetson TX1 in recovery mode:

[109309.608562] usb 2-2: New USB device found, idVendor=0955, idProduct=7721

This part of dmesg differs from my Jetsons:

[109309.608566] usb 2-2: Product: <b>APX</b>

…I do not know what APX is…but perhaps it is because I have an older TX2. Can anyone from NVIDIA say if APX is valid on any revision of a TX2?

Of the cables you gave web URLs for, the first appears to be a type-A full-size to type-A full-size. This cable has no technical use other than as an extension when applied with a second cable or adapter…both ends are full-size type-A. The maximum length requirement I mentioned above is because if this cable is combined with another long cable you can be guaranteed that signal latency from cable length will cause signal failure.

I can’t read the text for the second cable, and I have to warn you that people who post pictures of USB cables with micro connectors for sales literature have an extremely high rate of not posting the picture of the cable which is actually shipped (type-A and type-B micro look the same unless you are very familiar with the cable). Within the picture of that second cable the micro connector is a type-B which is what is used for flashing. This should be exactly equivalent to the cable the Jetson ships with.

No Jetson will show up under lsblk in recovery mode. Device mode is not the same as saying the device shows up as a hard drive…this is just something that many common consumer devices (especially music players) have set up through software as a convenience. In recovery mode the Jetson becomes a device, but it becomes a custom device and not a hard drive. When running normally it is possible to program a Jetson to appear as a hard drive (this would be via customization of the “gadget” interface to the Linux kernel). You would have to do this customization yourself. There are actually many kinds of devices this port could be programmed to behave as, e.g., it could be used to cause the Jetson to appear as a USB ethernet adapter or as a keyboard.

Note that whenever a host computer has a device attached to it the host will need software to understand the device. If the USB device is a keyboard, then the host needs software which understands keyboards. If the USB device is an external hard drive, then the host needs software which knows how to use a USB hard drive. In the case of a Jetson in recovery mode this is a custom device, and thus only a custom driver will understand how to use the device. This is the “driver package” which you can download and use to flash the Jetson (JetPack is a front end to the driver package).

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
If the device is in recovery mode and is recognized (as per the dmesg) - how do I actually mount the device?
Does the JetPack need to be installed on my “host” machine to which the Jetson board is connected to?

This is the other cable I placed an order for: “USB 2.0 cable with male type A connector on one end and Micro USB type B male on the other”

Just a quick update: I get the error "Unable to mount APX, Unable to open MTP devive ‘[usb:001,002]’

The type-B micro with type-A on the other end would be correct. This is what a Jetson ships with.

A Jetson cannot be mounted, it was never programmed for this. The “APX” part is very curious…my Jetsons do not have APX in their lsusb. I am wondering how this hardware differs from a stock Jetson TX1? If this is not an actual Jetson the flash software may know this and invalidating some of the instructions on flashing. Is there anything unusual about this hardware?

Hi,

I could flash the machine and there are no problems right now…

I hope that means that it worked :)