Driver and cuda toolkit installation fails: Unable to find installed file '/usr/bin/nvidia-bug-report.sh'

I am using Ubuntu 20.04.6 focal and 4 RTX 3090 gpus.
I recently updated the system and tried to reinstall nvidia driver 465 and cuda 11.3 using cuda_11.3.1_465.19.01_linux.run but failed.

Below is the log message from /var/log/nvidia-installer.log:

WARNING: nvidia-installer was forced to guess the X library path ‘/usr/lib’ and X module path ‘/usr/lib/xorg/modules’; these paths were not queryable from the system. If X fails to find the NVIDIA X driver module, please install the pkg-config utility and the X.Org SDK/development package for your distribution and reinstall the driver.
→ Install NVIDIA’s 32-bit compatibility libraries? (Answer: Yes)
→ Uninstalling the previous installation with /usr/bin/nvidia-uninstall.
→ /usr/bin/nvidia-uninstall failed; see /var/log/nvidia-uninstall.log for more details.
→ The output from /usr/bin/nvidia-uninstall was:
Received signal SIGBUS; aborting.
→ Parsing log file:
→ done.
→ Validating previous installation:
→ Unable to find installed file ‘/usr/bin/nvidia-bug-report.sh’ (No such file or directory).
→ Unable to find installed file ‘/usr/lib/systemd/system/nvidia-suspend.service’ (No such file or directory).
→ Unable to find installed file ‘/usr/lib/systemd/system/nvidia-hibernate.service’ (No such file or directory).
→ Unable to find installed file ‘/usr/lib/systemd/system/nvidia-resume.service’ (No such file or directory).
→ Unable to find installed file ‘/usr/lib/systemd/system-sleep/nvidia’ (No such file or directory).
→ Unable to find installed file ‘/usr/bin/nvidia-sleep.sh’ (No such file or directory).
→ Unable to find installed file ‘/usr/bin/nvidia-smi’ (No such file or directory).
→ Unable to find installed file ‘/usr/share/man/man1/nvidia-smi.1.gz’ (No such file or directory).
→ Unable to find installed file ‘/usr/bin/nvidia-debugdump’ (No such file or directory).
→ Unable to find installed file ‘/usr/bin/nvidia-cuda-mps-control’ (No such file or directory).
→ Unable to find installed file ‘/usr/bin/nvidia-cuda-mps-server’ (No such file or directory).
→ Unable to find installed file ‘/usr/share/man/man1/nvidia-cuda-mps-control.1.gz’ (No such file or directory).
→ Unable to find installed file ‘/usr/share/man/man1/nvidia-persistenced.1.gz’ (No such file or directory).
→ Unable to find installed file ‘/usr/bin/nvidia-persistenced’ (No such file or directory).
→ Unable to find installed file ‘/usr/bin/nvidia-powerd’ (No such file or directory).
→ Unable to find installed file ‘/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGLdispatch.so.0’ (No such file or directory).
→ Unable to find installed file ‘/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGLX.so.0’ (No such file or directory).
→ Unable to find installed file ‘/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGL.so.1.7.0’ (No such file or directory).
→ Unable to find installed file ‘/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libEGL.so.1.1.0’ (No such file or directory).
→ Unable to find installed file ‘/usr/share/glvnd/egl_vendor.d/10_nvidia.json’ (No such file or directory).
→ Unable to find installed file ‘/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnvidia-egl-gbm.so.1.1.0’ (No such file or directory).
→ Unable to find installed file ‘/usr/share/egl/egl_external_platform.d/15_nvidia_gbm.json’ (No such file or directory).
→ Unable to find installed file ‘/usr/bin/nvidia-xconfig’ (No such file or directory).
→ Unable to find installed file ‘/usr/share/man/man1/nvidia-xconfig.1.gz’ (No such file or directory).
→ Unable to find installed file ‘/usr/bin/nvidia-ngx-updater’ (No such file or directory).

Seems that I accidently removed some of the essentials of nvidia files during purging process before reinstallation…

I also attach my bug report file from nvidia-bug-report.sh
nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (161.6 KB)

Just reinstalled the OS and works well.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.