Emissive material not visible through glass

Hi,
I am having problems with seeing transparent glass material with the emissive background behind it.

I had to turn off visibility of all the glasses in order to see my animated, emissive background. But because of it I am loosing all of the nice specular reflections of the interior windows.

@karol.osinski ,

Normally for glass windows I would turn off cast shadow and also when details are not showing I would set the glass opacity to lower, not the most accurate but its a good balance where the glass still shows reflectivity and whatever behinds the glass still shows what it suppose to shows. The last thing to note is optiX denoiser is very good at making noiseless render but it does remove a lot of details if the blend factor is at 0, if details are important in the render then you would need to set the blend factor higher and compensate with more samples , which in turn will makes your render time longer.

Okay, I fixed it.
I forgot that my backplate has “Invisible to Secondary Rays” ticked, therefore I don’t think the issue was caused by the fact the material is emissive or not.

Glad you got it fixed !

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.