Enable TensorRT with CUDA 11.8+ Support on Jetson AGX Orin

I currently work with an NVIDIA RTX A2000 and am considering purchasing a Jetson AGX Orin for my projects. I understand that the Jetson AGX Orin is typically optimized for Linux, but I need to know if there’s any support or workaround to run it under a Windows environment.

Here’s what I’m looking to accomplish:

1. Run applications that utilize TensorRT, requiring CUDA 11.8 or newer.
  2. Potentially develop or adapt a driver or method to allow Windows on Jetson AGX Orin.

If anyone has managed to get Windows running on Jetson AGX Orin or has experience with similar adaptations, your advice would be greatly appreciated. Also, any available resources or guides related to this kind of platform adaptation would be helpful.

Hi,

A1:
Our latest JetPack 6.0 GA includes CUDA 12.2 which can meet your requirements.

A2:
We don’t have an official Windows environment available on Orin.
But there is some sharing available on the forum. For example:

Thanks.

Hi

Thank you for the fast response.
We would like the device to go with the system for further products, it would meet like most of our requirements. But our software is developed since years on Windows and Linux is no option by several aspects. This would block the decision. But we like performance, price and size.

The link of USB Stick and Hyper-V is the reason I found the forum. But it explains “no GPU acceleration”, so what does it mean? I could not catch this fact regarding my Needs of CUDA calculation. And what driver is needed to use?
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070?

Or is there anyone I can let develop a driver?

Kind reards
Timo

Hi Timo,

In my experience, there is no support at all from Nvidia for this. You can run a Windows environment, but there is no Nvidia driver on ARM (neither for RTX nor for Orin’s gpu)

Its the feeling I have too, otherwise it would be published. My question then is, what is needed to do to get any driver developed.
I had in mind to

1. run Virtual System on Windows with UBUNTU installed and driving the AGX Orin that way.
  2. Or if there is any experienced driver developer, get a quotation to let it develop.
  3. Or if there is a non perfect driver as workaround as simplified driver from other device, use this to test the system.

My hope is, to get a jump into solution on this forum.

Hi,

Currently, we don’t officially support the Windows system on Jetson.

The approach is a kind of workaround.
And it’s not recommended for the production release.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.