Error installing Platform services

Hello,
I am trying to install platform services in Jetson Orin to run AI NVR application, using following command:
“sudo apt install nvidia-jetson-services”
But I am getting following error:

I have followed the exact procedure as shown in quickstart guide(Quick Start Guide — Metropolis on Jetson documentation 0.1.0 documentation) but I am getting this error.
Can you please help me in resolving this issue?

Regards,
Ashima

Seems you installed BSP r36.3 which is JetPack 6.0 GA. I will check internal and feedback.

Hi,
In the official documentation, they have given BSP r36.2 only and I have installed from links provided there using the manual approach. (Quick Start Guide — Metropolis on Jetson documentation 0.1.0 documentation)
I had installed this last week as well and it worked fine but now it is giving error.

Can you share the log of below command line? We release r36.3 recently. Please ensure you installed r36.2 BSP.

$ cat /etc/nv_tegra_release
$ sudo cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/nvidia-l4t-apt-source.list

Hello,

It seems I have downloaded r36.3. Can you tell me how can I use r36.2 release?

Thanks,
Ashima

Hi,

To download BSP r36.2, I went to archives(Jetson Linux 36.2 | NVIDIA Developer) and found Driver Package and Sample Root Filesystem, I downloaded them and flashed the jetson again from scratch using the r36.2 release.
But when I checked using following command($ sudo cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/nvidia-l4t-apt-source.list) that whether 36.2 release is installed or not, I found that r36.3 was installed. How is that possible?
Also can you tell me how can I use r36.2 ?

This is the screenshot of the above command:

Thanks,
Ashima

I have verified in my side. I can install r36.2 and installl nvidia-jetson-services in my side based on : Quick Start Guide — Metropolis on Jetson documentation 0.1.0 documentation

Manual

Detailed flashing instructions are available in the Jetson Linux Developer Guide. The steps are summarized below for quick reference.

Download BSP image

Download the following two packages from the Jetson Linux repository:

Jetson_Linux_R36.2.0_aarch64.tbz2.

Tegra_Linux_Sample-Root-Filesystem_R36.2.0_aarch64.tbz2.

Extract the Jetson-Linux BSP and root file-system

tar xf Jetson_Linux_R36.2.0_aarch64.tbz2

sudo tar xpf Tegra_Linux_Sample-Root-Filesystem_R36.2.0_aarch64.tbz2 -C Linux_for_Tegra/rootfs/

Execute the apply_binaries.sh script

cd Linux_for_Tegra/

sudo ./apply_binaries.sh

Install necessary packages on host

sudo ./tools/l4t_flash_prerequisites.sh

Configure username & password for device login

sudo ./tools/l4t_create_default_user.sh -u <username> -p <password> -a

Put device into recovery mode

Orin AGX: Follow instructions provided on this AGX page.

Orin NX16: Follow instructions provided on this NX page.

Confirm device in recovery mode

lsusb

Orin AGX: You should see output that contains the string “ID 0955:7023 NVIDIA”

Orin NX16: You should see output that contains the string “ID 0955:7323 NVIDIA”

Flash Image

Orin AGX:

sudo ./flash.sh jetson-agx-orin-devkit internal

Orin NX16:

sudo ./tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash.sh --external-device nvme0n1p1 -p "-c ./bootloader/generic/cfg/flash_t234_qspi.xml" -c ./tools/kernel_flash/flash_l4t_t234_nvme.xml --showlogs --network usb0 jetson-orin-nano-devkit nvme0n1p1

Hey,
I have executed similar steps but unfortunately, in my case I am getting release 36.3.
I am using the following two packages only which shows that I am using R36.2 but when I install everything and check then it shows R36.3 only.
I am not able to understand what is the root cause of this.
Jetson_Linux_R36.2.0_aarch64.tbz2.

Tegra_Linux_Sample-Root-Filesystem_R36.2.0_aarch64.tbz2.

Regards,
Ashima

Hello there,

are there any news on this topic.

I have received my Jetson AGX Orin dev kit and I have stuck on the same problem.

Best regards,

Hrvoje

The Jetson Platform Services are supposed to be available on June 1st (or right around there) for 36.3. Otherwise you have to force 36.2 for it to work.

It is true that I have 36,3. I have try to install 36,2 and for that Force Recovery Mode is required.
When I try to go into Force Recovery mode, Jetson is restarting.

Do I have faulty unit? or what?

Hi @hrvoje.bilic ,
You can file a topic in AGX Orin forum for the upgrading/recovery mode issue. The next release that supports 36.3 is on schedule and may release in weeks, so if you can wait for the new version you can avoid refashing the devkit to 36.2.

Sound good,
I will wait for a 36.3 and see will there be any problems then.
Thanks
Hrvoje

We are working on r36.3
but do “sudo apt install nvidia-jetson-services”

it still shows
"sudo apt install nvidia-jetson-services
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree… Done
Reading state information… Done
E: Unable to locate package nvidia-jetson-services
"

Could somebody help?

It isn’t released yet. It should be available on Monday or Tuesday from what I hear at my contacts at Nvidia.

Hello there,
is there any news on jetson platform services 36.3 release?

Here is the release announcement: Announcing the availability of NVIDIA Jetson Platform Services, an integral component of JetPack™ 6.0! - Intelligent Video Analytics / Metropolis Microservices for Jetson - NVIDIA Developer Forums