Extremely bad performance when waking up from hibernation on gtx1060

Extremely slow. it moves once a minute for a few pixels so technically frozen. And this is a corei5 skylake so not too old.
I was able to switch tty on occasions and the system freeze is not in tty (only in Xorg).
So when ctrl-alt-f1 back to xsession, Xorg is still frozen.

I’m experiencing the same issue after resuming from hibernation. For me the Xid errors appear every time I resume after hibernating for about 5 to 6 hours. If I hibernate for a very short time, say just a few minutes for the purpose of testing then there is no Xid errors, but as soon as I hibernate for a longer time, the system hangs and becomes jerky with many Xid errors. This is now very annoying. I have been following these Xid error threads for quite sometime but till now there is no solution, which is disappointing. I thought maybe it was the compositor that was not playing nice with the driver, so I disabled the compositor and even then I get the errors.

Same observation here. It would be nice if a developer suggested troubleshooting steps so we can at least submit some useful information which can help lead to a solution.

Well, i’ve yet to try any driver newer than 375.26, so i cannot speak for myself, but the worst thing is that Devs think the issue is fixed since 05/02/2017:

https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/994523/linux/freezing-after-resume-gtx-1060/post/5139668/#5139668

Sandipt, as per previous other user posts, it seems not.

Could you, please, make us informed?

Can’t someone from NVIDIA at least suggest say something that may help? There are numerous threads about resuming being unreliable all of which with xid 56. Mine is whilst resuming from hibernate.