In Visual Studio 2008, if I have a file kernel.cu that depends on header.h and I modify header.h, kernel.cu will not automatically recompile. Already, this has caused me a couple of bug hunts where I had assumed that the CUDA files would recompile like normal .c or .cpp files. When I look at the properties of kernel.cu, I do not see any way of adding dependencies. I wish I could enable automatic dependency analysis like is done for C and C++. Also, I have found that the dependency analysis works correctly for Visual Studio 2010, so the problem is isolated to Visual Studio 2008.
Related topics
| Topic | Replies | Views | Activity | |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| Visual studio 2019 CUDA source file header dependency issue | 1 | 1018 | December 13, 2022 | |
| NVCC not detecting modified header files for recompile | 2 | 926 | August 9, 2022 | |
| Visual Studio isn't recognizing .cu as a dependency of a .hpp file! | 0 | 581 | November 14, 2016 | |
| CUDA files won't be recompiled when an header file has changed if the CCCL library is used | 3 | 303 | July 10, 2026 | |
| Change in included header doesn't always cause recompilation of .cu into .ptx | 3 | 884 | June 10, 2014 | |
| Visual Studio 15: rebuild modified .cu files | 0 | 612 | December 12, 2016 | |
| VS2008 NVCC dependency analysis? | 1 | 1126 | March 5, 2009 | |
| MS Visual C++ #include dependencies | 1 | 1511 | May 4, 2009 | |
| file dependency when compiling in vs2005 | 1 | 6342 | October 20, 2010 | |
| Problem with header file dependency | 1 | 606 | December 22, 2022 |