First Boot endlessly in "A start job is running for End-user configuration..."

Hello!
I have a recent Jetson Nano Dev kit that I have previously had working. I accidentally removed myself from sudoers, and based on advice elsewhere, decided it would be easiest to just reflash and start over.

I’ve now reformatted my card and reflashed the most recent image over -but am not able to finish setup. Instead it is reporting:

tegradc tegradc.1: dpd enable lookup fail:-19

imx219 7-0010: imx219_board_setup: error during i2c read probe (-121)
imx219 7-0010: board setup failed
imx219 8-0010: imx219_board_setup: error during i2c read probe (-121)
imx219 8-0010: board setup failed

Please complete system configuration setup on the serial port provided by jetson’s USB device mode connection. e.g. /dev/ttyACMx where x can 0, 1, 2 etc.

(1 of 2) A start job is running for End-user configuration after initial OEM installation (20min 10s/ no limit).

Occasionally, it will add additional context (i.e. Started Run anacron jobs.), but will always continue on the (1 of 2)… line. I let it run for an hour and a half on the first card before flashing to a clean sd card and trying again to the same effect.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

hello dnt32,

FYI,
Nano device tree by default looking for IMX219 camera during kernel initialization.
there’re error reports if you did not connect camera to the camera ports.
you may ignore those errors if you did not have IMX219 camera device connected.
for example,

imx219 7-0010: imx219_board_setup: error during i2c read probe (-121)
imx219 7-0010: board setup failed
imx219 8-0010: imx219_board_setup: error during i2c read probe (-121)
imx219 8-0010: board setup failed

had you connect HDMI port to view the display?
there’ll be some user account settings you should complete for the 1st boot-up stage.
thanks

Thank you Jerry,

I have no camera connected, so that explains those errors.

And yes, this is all coming through the monitor I’ve hooked up to the HDMI port. This is on the first boot, and I have not yet gotten to the user account setup, nor any of the other initial setup steps. Any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks,
David

This is going to sound like a silly fix - but I reflashed and tried it again. I think the issue was that my monitor was on the same power strip as my nano and I had been toggling the strip rather than just unplugging the nano. As the monitor has some initial power-ing up stage, perhaps that was the issue?

In any case, it’s fixed now! Thank you for your responsiveness!