GPS Time Sync

I have a Ublox F-9P GNSS receiver and Jetson Nano. I’d like to automatically set the system time using the Ublox (including PPS). Does anyone have a good step by step guide on how to do this? I’m slightly familiar with GPSd, but other than that I’m kind of lost.

hello ltbergeron,

please refer to these discussion threads,
for example,
Jetson TX2i + Connect Tech Spacely Carrier PPS support - #9 by mudrock.
Unable to achieve PPS with Jetpack 5.0.2 - #7 by mhtechdev,
HOW to Increase GNNS timing module on Xavier? - #9 by shgarg.

you may consider moving to TX2 or Xavier series since Nano doesn’t have pps device tree property,
thanks

I’m trying to add the pps device tree property using this tutorial. However, I do not have an Ubuntu 18.04 machine available to run the Jetson SDK manager. I even tried to dual boot one of my extra PCs, but the “install” failed and I don’t want to try again.

To get around the Jetson SDK, I’m going through this other tutorial and rebuilding the kernel on the Jetson itself.

All is going well - I’ve been able to update the .config file with the proper PPS settings, however, I can’t find any files named tegra210-soc-base.dtsi. Where can I find it? Do I need to download extra files? If so how? Where do I put them and how do I process them?

Like I said before, using the Jetson SDK manager is out of the question for the time being. (Why can’t I install the SDK manager on Windows? wtf)

Nvm, found it at :

./hardware/nvidia/soc/t210/kernel-dts/tegra210-soc/tegra210-soc-base.dtsi

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.