GTE on linux: duplicated event on GPIO rising edge (continuation)

This is the follow up of GTE on linux: duplicated event on GPIO rising edge (unresolved, auto closed).

Sorry I missed the auto-close by 2 days. Feel free to re-open the original ticket if you prefer.

Status of the test on L4T 35.4.1: still the same situation, 2 GTE events are available when the raising edge of the GPIO occurs.

So the ticket is not resolved, and we still require support.

Looking forward to your help.

Hi maxe777,

May I know what’s your use case?

Does the duplicate event cause any error?
Or could you try to filter the duplicate event in your application?

Hi @KevinFFF,

Thanks for your follow up.

The use case is to support time synchronization between the Jetson and another chip.

We would trigger a gpio toggle from the Jetson, and timestamp it with the GTE. It would give us the timestamp of the toggle in Jetson time.
The same signal is sampled by another chip, which also stamps it in HW, and then transfers this foreign timestamp together with other data to the Jetson via a serial communication.

We can then align the data to jetson time thanks to this.

Ignoring the second GTE event could be considered, but I would need to check if it puts a limit on the achievable frequency at which we can use the GTE without ambiguity.

In general understanding what is going on, and avoiding workarounds would be preferred, since careful evaluation of the side effects would need to be done. Also this functionality requires a high level of reliability.

I hope you can help us to understand the machinery behind this.

Regards.

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue any more.
Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one.
Thanks

Sorry for the late response.
Is this still an issue to support? Any result can be shared?