Core Clock (MHz) 500
Shader Clock (MHz) 1200
Memory Clock (MHz) 800
Memory Amount 640MB or 320MB
Memory Interface 320-bit
Memory Bandwidth (GB/sec) 64
Texture Fill Rate (billion/sec) 24

…and someone may think that the better parameters the bigger
compute-intensive, but maybe there are some restriction that some of them cannot be used
for CUDA. I havent found such a restriction but maybe there is some if I am going to use WinXP?

Please help me and thank you veru much indeed.

CUDA will work on the GeForce 8800 GTS (320 MB or 640 MB, 96 stream processors) and GTX (768MB and 128 stream processors), as well as on the new Quadro FX4600 and FX5600.

The number of multiprocessor will affect the speed, the amount of memory the size of the problem you will be able to offload.

Massimiliano

I’ve been using the 8800 GTS for development and testing. I plan to move to the GTX (or better) for production use.

The lower cost, lower power draw and smaller profile of the GTS makes it a good development card.

While OEMs recommend minimum 400W power supply for the 8800 GTS, I’ve been running it happily on a 375W power supply, with a GeForce FX 5200 (PCI) as the primary display adapter…

Thank you Mates :),

You have helped me so much and I am once again asking you to give me a helping hand.
The amount of money that I can pay is poor … so I found only 6 kinds of cards I can afford :

Asus GeForce 8800GTS 320MB DDRIII /320bit/ HDTV 2xDVI
[EN8800GTS/HTDP/320M]

EVGA GeForce 8800GTS 320MB DDRIII /320bit/ HDTV 2xDVI

BFG GeForce 8800GTS 320MB DDRIII /320bit/ HDTV 2xDVI

BFG GeForce 8800GTS 320MB DDRIII /320bit/ HDTV 2xDVI

Gainward GeForce 8800GTS 320MB DDRIII /320bit/ HDTV/HDCP 2xDVI

Gainward GeForce 8800GTS 320MB GoldenSample DDRIII /320bit/ HDTV/HDCP

Would you be so kind and help me to choose ? Do you find any advantages or disadvantages of some of them ? Please write it down because I do not want to purchase card for CUDA on which I could do everything apart from … CUDA.

Thank you very much indeed .

Yunior,

CUDA will work on any of these.

Mark

Hi Mates,

I am heading for :

GeForce 8600GTS 512MB DDRIII /128bit/ HDTV 2xDVI (Asus,GainWard)

memory core : 675 MHz
memory frequency : 2 000 MHz

are thre any disadvanteges of buying them if I am planing to implement CUDA ? (matrix multiplications, transpositions).

TTFN,

The 8600 has less stream processors and a lower data throughput (128bit bus) which makes it less good than the 8800’s(hence the lower cost).

It is however a newer chip and therefore supports Atomic operations which is very handy.

So it really depends what you want to do. any G80 onwards processor will run CUDA. The 8600 is one of the cheapest and as long as you don’t need every ounce of performance or are working with very large problems then it should do you fine.

Chris

Thank you :),

Is there anybody else who is working on 8600 and can tell me about problems that she/he found with CUDA on this card ?

Hello Experts :)

I have to tell my boss which card I want him to buy it, so please help me to make a decision :).

I am sure that there is someone who is working on 8600 and can reply to my questions:

• are there some special PC requirements ?

• what about the power supply ?

I will be obligated if someone could help me as soon as possible.

TTFN

Yunior

Typically I usually go with EVGA because they have had the best service and alot of their products have a lifetime warranty! Every card I ever used was EVGA. Never had a problem so I cant attest to support really just know from forums research and the big mags about the support service. Im a big fan. Some cards like BFG are notorious for their crazy OC techniques, but with just a driver edit like coolbits or ntune you can OC any Nvidia product anyway.

Just make sure your current PS has the correct power connector and for one 8600 gts card in a system with a decent cpu 400 watts should be ok…for now.

“The amount of memory the size of the problem you will be able to offload.”

means the size of RAM is not concerned about the speed.Is the GeForce 8800 GTS 640 MB not faster than 320 MB anymore, or just fater a little bit??

The clock speed of the GPU, the clock speed of the memory and the memory interface are the same on the the 640MB and 320MB version of the GTS.

The GTX has more memory bandwidth and a faster clock speed of the GPU ( see [url=“GeForce RTX 20 Series Graphics Cards and Laptops”]http://www.nvidia.com/page/geforce_8800.html[/url] ).

But if I have amount of image data to analyze, so you mean 640MB and 320mb have the same performance, really?

And the second question is that you mean that does GPU clock play the most important role in the processing speed?

very appreciate External Media

Well, that depends on how much image data you have - if it all fits in 320Mb then yes, the performance will be identical.

GPU clock probably has most impact on performance, although memory clock can make a difference for bandwidth limited apps.

Happy?

Happy as a dog with two tails !!

Y.