Having problem in my project regareding nvcc and .bashrc file

. I am writing to seek assistance with an issue I encountered while using MATLAB 2019b and JetPack 4.6.1 with my Nvidia Jetson device. Upon running the code, I received the following error: “Warning: Unable to find ‘nvcc’ on the system path. Update the ‘.bashrc’ script on the target to set up the required environment variables.”
I have reviewed various resources, including forums and support pages, but have not been able to resolve this issue. I have ensured that the necessary environment variables are set, but the error persists.
I would greatly appreciate it if you could provide guidance or a solution to address this issue. Any assistance you can offer would be invaluable. i have now cuda 10.2 installed.

Usually nvcc is installed in "/usr/local/cuda<version>/bin/. There is a symbolic link from “cuda<verison>” to cuda which could be considered the “default” version (all of which of course assumes it was installed via JetPack which matches the L4T release…see “head -n 1 /etc/nv_tegra_release” for that). So basically you could add “/usr/local/cuda/bin” to your path.

The traditional way of doing that is to edit the ~/.bashrc, and assuming there is already a PATH setting in there somewhere, add something similar to this at or after the existing PATH:

export PATH=/usr/local/cuda/bin:$PATH

This is just a colon-delimited string. The $PATH is just your old path, so the above prepends your update to the original PATH.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.