HGX H100 + IB HDR 200 is it possible?

Hi there!

I have a customer who wants to use a new generation of systems based on HGX H100 with previous generation of IB network - HDR200, because he has already bought network equipment.
Perhaps someone can tell me which network adapters are better to use in this case? (with the possibility of transition to 400 NDR IB network equipment in the future)

HDR 200 IB switches has QSFP56 ports
Single port ConnectX-7 supports only OSFP (incompatible with QSFP56)
Dual port ConnectX-7 supports QSFP112, but I have doubts how many adapters to use:

• 8 - 1 per each SXM GPU H100
  • 4 - 1 per each 2 SXM GPU H100 (because its dual port adapter, but I have doubts that it has the necessary bandwidth for 2 GPU)

Or better will be use ConnectX-6 for HDR with H100

NVIDIA ConnectX-7 Adapter Cards User Manual

https://docs.nvidia.com/networking/display/ConnectX7VPI/NVIDIA+ConnectX-7+Adapter+Cards+User+Manual

Hello Bayonetx,

Thank you for posting your inquiry on the NVIDIA Developer Forum - Infrastructure and Networking - Section.

For this type in inquiries, we recommend you to contact your NVIDIA Sales representative, to make sure he can validate the technical request and that it is supported.

Thank you and regards,
~NVIDIA Networking Technical Support

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.